- Court allows Christian baker Jack Phillips to sue Colorado for anti-religious hostility -- "In his order, Judge Daniel did grant the Civil Rights Division Director Aubrey Elenis’ motion to dismiss Phillips’ claims against them for compensatory, punitive and nominal damages..."
- Court limits Jack Phillips' religious bias lawsuit -- "Christian cake artist Jack Phillips can proceed with his latest lawsuit alleging Colorado harassed him based on his religious beliefs, but he may no longer seek damages from nine of the 10 defendants targeted."
- A Yeti Style Cup Almost Killed My Patient -- "A patient came into my office with recurrent bacterial infections and no one could figure out why."
- Confirmation Bias -- "Jesus...exhorted those who would follow to remove the log in their own eye before attending to the splinter in another's eye."
- CR Top 25 Conservatives -- "Select link to view Top 25 RINOs"
- Distant Starlight and Creation Time Coordinates -- "The CTC solution is fascinating, refreshing, and best of all, is completely consistent with special relativity and leaves the door wide open for others to offer additional elements of a more complete young age cosmology."
- Lard is the New Coconut Oil -- "Pasture-raised lard is heat stable, heart healthy and high in Vitamin D."
- Limited Atonement: Provision and Application -- "In truth, the terminology of actual and hypothetical is probably misleading. When the Passover Lamb was killed, a provision had been made. Until the blood was applied to the door, however, no one in the home was safe."
- Local Texas GOP rejects ousting vice chair over his faith -- "While tonight’s vote brings an end to this unfortunate episode, it also demonstrates we are a party that respects the right of those who disagree on an issue to have a seat at the table and their voices heard."
- North Texas Rail Yard -- "Cleburne’s mural and museums hark back to the town’s transportation and Native American past."
- Parents may want to limit children’s tech use – and definitely their own -- "...could it be that when it comes to technology, adults are merely casting the first stone?"
- ‘Pastor’ Who Said He Hoped God Would ‘Finish the Job’ of Orlando Shooter Steps Down Over Prostitutes, Gambling, Drugs -- "Donnie Romero, who led Stedfast Baptist Church in Fort Worth, announced his resignation before his congregation last week. The video of his tearful statement was posted publicly to the Stedfast Baptist YouTube page on Jan. 2."
- “Social Justice” Inflates to Include Animals -- "Speciesism in favor of humans subordinates all life to human whims."
- The Prophets Were Preachers -- "The great preachers of the Old Testament times were the Prophets."
- Thirst for Knowledge -- "Ancient watering hole-turned-Aquarena Springs resurfaces as research center at Texas State University."
- Why We Don’t Evolve Software: A Computer Scientist Considers Darwinian Theory -- "...if Darwinian evolution is a correct scientific theory, we should be able to simulate it, and get results that look like what we see in biology today."
- Why Limited Government Is Integral to Biblical Flourishing -- "Paul clearly delineates the limits and scope of the state."
- 15 of the Greatest Pro-Life Quotes of All Time -- "“A person is a person no matter how small.” – Dr. Seuss"
Monday, January 14, 2019
Christian cake artist Jack Phillips, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.