- Ambrose Dudley (c. 1752-1825), by Steve Weaver -- "During the early part of the revolution, he was commissioned to some office in the army, and while absent from home, his heart was pierced by the arrows of truth."
- A Local Church Issue That Became A Nightmare -- "However a strong minority did not want to get involved in this issue in another autonomous Baptist church..."
- A short defense of close communion -- "Close communion — inviting baptized believers to participate — “fences the table,” but not with proverbial barbed wire."
- Autobiography of Elder T. P. Dudley -- "To this day, although it has been well nigh thirty-one years, I have never found another resting place. I say with the poet: - 'None but Jesus, none but Jesus, Can do helpless sinners good.'"
- Balthasar Hübmaier: The Forgotten Archetype of the Baptist Denomination -- "In the last decade of his life, Balthasar Hübmaier influenced the religious and political composition of Southern Germany and dramatically altered the course of Christian history. His opponents charged him with sedition and heresy..."
- Baptist History sites -- "Through the years God has given me the opportunity to visit many Baptist history sites and research many others."
- Elders in a Baptist Church: Plural, Yea; Lay, Nay -- "To be clear: no one needs to convince me that a plurality of elders is a biblically-sanctioned model. I agree with this."
- Pastoring like a Theologian: Five Lessons from the Life of Martin Luther -- "Pepper your conversations with grace."
- “SBC Today” Finally Dies -- "Today, SBC Today announced that it is going on an indefinite hiatus, sweeping it into the dustbin of history..."
- Survey Finds Most American Christians Are Actually Heretics -- "Americans talking about theology sound about as competent as country singers rapping."
- The Noachian Deluge: Does Scripture Say Global, or Local? -- "...it certainly does matter because our view of Noah’s Flood has much more significant implications than many seem to realize."
- The Role of Telecommunications in Hate Crimes -- "Congress directed NTIA to study 'hate speech' that advocates or encourages 'hate crimes'."
- You Can’t Plant a Church If You Don’t Know What a Church Is -- "By simply breaking down the word “church” (ekklessia) in the Bible we learned that the church was an assembly of “called out” ones."
- 5 Things to Remember When God Changes Your Schedule -- "This event may catch you by surprise, but it certainly didn’t catch God by surprise."
Friday, November 02, 2018
Ambrose Dudley, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.