Translate

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Divided by Jesus

Exodus 8:23 And I will put a division between my people and thy people...

Luke 12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

We often speak of the unity Jesus brings while failing to speak of the division.

There was division over who Jesus was.
John 7: 40-43 Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, Of a truth this is the Prophet. Others said, This is the Christ. But some said, Shall Christ come out of Galilee? Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was? So there was a division among the people because of him.

There was division over what Jesus did.
John 9: 15-16 Then again the Pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight. He said unto them, He put clay upon mine eyes, and I washed, and do see. Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This man is not of God, because he keepeth not the sabbath day. Others said, How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was a division among them.

There was division over what Jesus said.
John 10:17-19 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father. There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings.

No comments: