- All Nations Grieves Reported Death of ‘Humble, Courageous’ Missionary on Remote Indian Ocean Island -- "Leaders, members and friends of All Nations (www.allnations.us), an international Christian missions training and sending organization, are mourning the reported death of one of its missionaries, 27-year-old John Allen Chau of Vancouver, Wash., U.S.A."
- A Summary of Inmillennialism -- "The existing prophetic models—historic premillennialism, dispensational premillennialism, postmillennialism, and amillennialism—are inadequate. They do not explain the Bible’s entire prophetic message."
- Biblical Epistemology -- "Truth is that which corresponds to the mind of God."
- Does Everyone Have a Guardian Angel? -- "Some of the ancient fathers, schoolmen, and papists, hold the affirmative, for which they produce these arguments."
- Focus on Texas: Abandoned Buildings -- "Once vital parts of the community, abandoned buildings now stand quietly as we go about our daily lives. Amidst the ruin there is beauty, as the surrounding landscape slowly takes over."
- Jonah Goldberg: Political parties can no longer harness their bases -- "As odd as it sounds, political parties in democracies have an important anti-democratic function. Traditionally, the parties shaped the choices put to voters."
- On the Place of Evidence in Presuppositional Apologetics -- "I am not formally trained in epistemology, and therefore I rely on what the Bible reveals about the nature of knowledge and how we come to obtain it."
- Pastors in peril: Can power rewire their brains? -- "...leaders lose mental capacities – most notably for reading other people – that were essential to their rise'."
- Preacher, Study the Text—But Also Study Your People -- "A preacher who studies the text but not his people is missing out on clearer application and more nuanced communication."
- The most remote tribe in the world — untouched and uncontacted -- "In 1967, the Indian government began a series of “Contact Expeditions” to the island, under anthropological guidance. They wanted to establish contact with the tribes in the archipelago. Spoiler alert: it didn’t turn out so well."
- The Sins Behind the Sin of Pornography -- "We cannot choke out weeds without also killing their seeds, without treating the soil in which they take root, and without limiting the fertilizers we use to feed them."
- Three Critiques of Authorized that Bear Weight with Me -- "Let’s not make an “only-not-King-James” tribe to compete against the “KJV-Only” tribe."
- Why Does the World Need the Church? -- "Christians whose light shines in public places should prefer the language of morality to that of utility, that they ought to self-consciously speak of “right and wrong” whenever possible."
- 5 Signs Your Church Might Be Heading toward Progressive Christianity -- "Several years ago, my husband and I began attending a local Evangelical, non-denominational church, and we loved it...Sadly, the church started going off the rails theologically, and after about a year and a half, we made the difficult decision to leave."
Wednesday, November 28, 2018
All Nations Grieves Reported Death, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.