- 439 and Beyond: An Illustration of the Separation of Church and State -- "So how can Gospel-preaching American churches profit from considering these brave words penned by our Chinese counterparts?"
- How To Have Elders Without Actually Having Elders -- "One of the great blessings of having biblical elders is the synergistic wisdom of the group. Indeed, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. A plurality is always better than a singularity."
- Is Pornography Use Ever Grounds for Divorce? -- "Wisdom means that we are not quick to recommend divorce since Jesus teaches us that the marriage between one man and one woman is a life-long covenant."
- McKissic sermon restored to SWBTS website -- "According to Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary’s chapel archives, a sermon by Dwight McKissic that was once withheld from the website is now available online."
- Some Things to Consider Including in your Worship – Stand-alone Scripture Readings -- "...we may find that many attend churches where the reading of Scripture is not practiced as an end in itself."
- Tozer on great Christian poetry -- "...they begin with God, embrace the worshipping soul and return to God again."
- Thoughts on Local Church Membership, Then and Now -- "...churches knew how many people were added to their number (e.g., Acts 2:41). In that number, a church was to know who its widows were (1 Tim 5:9), know which men among its number could be suggested for deacons (Acts 6:3), and even know the membership’s exact number in order to determine a majority vote (2 Cor 2:6)..."
- ‘Traditionalist’ blog SBC Today says goodbye -- "Tuesday’s blog does not say why SBC Today is shutting down for now, but it encourages readers to visit Soteriology 101, a website associated with Leighton Flowers..."
- When Do We Use the Word Sin, and Why? -- "Bad theology is perpetuated in our own circles when ethics is prioritized over our theology of God, his Word, man, and the gospel."
- Why Was David “A Man After God’s Own Heart”? -- "Next time someone asks you why David was called “a man after God’s own heart”, point him or her to Psalm 16:2."
- When Your Pastor-Husband Looks at Porn -- "You can’t walk through this valley with pithy lessons."
Monday, November 05, 2018
439 and Beyond, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.