- A Study of the Greek Text of 1 John 5:6-10 which shows that the Testimony of “The Three Heavenly Witnesses” must be Part of the Epistle and Genuine -- "What no English, or any other language, other than the Greek, can tell you, is that the words in verse 7, are all in the masculine gender."
- Accomodation or Compromise: the Ongoing Battle for the Bible -- "If in the Scripture God is not always speaking, then the reader himself is required to determine where God speaks and where He does not. This makes an idol out of the human mind."
- Baylor survey names a dozen who can really preach -- "The dozen preachers in the top 12 — academics, pastors and authors — were picked from nearly 800 nominees."
- Benefits and Negatives of a Long-Term Pastorate -- "You get to watch generations be born, grow, marry, and invest in the kingdom."
- Comparisons & Contrasts of Old Baptist Doctrine & Calvinism -- "Gill basically stated that terms like “Arminian” and “Calvinist” had limited relevance to early Christians because their theology had not achieved sufficient sophistication to make such distinctions, and this was partly because their attention had not been drawn to the issue by any controversies about it."
- Early Latin Evidence for John 7:53-8:11 -- "...but there is another consideration: recognition of the possibility that the vast consensus of commentators are wrong, and that the 1,495 Greek manuscripts which contain the passage are right."
- Early Minutes of the Russell’s Creek Association of Baptists, 1829-1833 -- "First, the Introductory sermon was preached by Elder John Harding, from Acts 20 and 21. “Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ”."
- God was manifest in the Flesh: Examination of a disputed passage -- "The Greek of Ximenes, Erasmus, Beza, Stephanus and the Elzevirs, and the various translations derived from their editions all have “God” in this verse. The 19th and 20th century editions of the Greek prepared by Lachmann, Tischendorf, Tregelles, Alford, Westcott and Hort, the Revisers of 1881, Nestle-Aland, Souter, Kilpatrick, and the United Bible Societies’ Greek New Testament, have all rejected the name of God from this text and have replaced it with “who”."
- Laparola Greek New Testament -- "The text of the Greek New Testament with the most important textual variants (alternative readings)."
- Liberalism is Unstable -- "Liberalism is architecturally unstable. It is a massive edifice that has been slowly, intentionally, and, by design, built without concern for its foundation."
- Liberated through Discipline: The Five Kinds of Discipline -- "As I understand the Scripture, there are five kinds of discipline that God has designed in order to allow a person ample opportunity to mend his ways before more serious disciplinary options become necessary."
- Modest & Gender Distinct Swimwear -- "What resources are available for modest and gender-distinct swimwear?"
- More Christian Than Democrat or Republican -- "Never discuss religion or politics...This common wisdom is well-intentioned but wrong, unhelpful, and, ultimately, impossible to put into practice."
- Recommended non-Ruckmanite literature in defense of the KJV or Textus Receptus -- "All these books and pamphlets defend the KJV or Textus Receptus without teaching they are inspired or perfect."
- Studies on the Holy Trinity by Andrew Martin Ansell -- "Showing from the Word of God, the Holy Bible, that the central doctrine of the true Christian church is One God, Who exists in Three Persons."
- The Authority of the Book -- "When sacred texts are published by secular publishers and primarily read in private by individual owners, who interpret them for themselves, the politics of texts change considerably."
- The Fundamental Baptist Fellowship Association -- "Unless you are one of a handful of people, you probably do not know about the Fundamental Baptist Fellowship Association. In fact, you probably think that I am talking about the Fundamental Baptist Fellowship, International—but I am not."
- The King James Only Baptist Civil War over Inspiration -- "Actually, it seems that much of the “civil war” today is not really about doctrine at all. It seems to be about who is going to “speak for fundamental Baptists”."
- The Primitive Baptist Confession of Faith of 1900 -- "Pursuant to a call of the Primitive Baptist Church of Fulton, Kentucky the elders and messengers of the Church of God known as Primitive Baptists..."
- The Problem with Evangelistic Programs -- "Just as eating sugar can make us feel as if we’ve eaten when we haven’t, programs can often make us feel as if we’ve done evangelism when we haven’t."
- What I Said Ten Years Ago (And Still Believe) -- "I recently received in the mail an advertisement from a company whose slogan is “We build Christ’s church!” No, they don’t!"
- What One Baptist Association from 1707 Can Teach Churches in 2018 -- "In 1707, five churches joined together near Philadelphia and formed the first association of Baptist churches in America—the Philadelphia Association."
- Why the Story of the Woman Caught in Adultery Belongs in the Bible -- "Another important testimony concerning the pericope de adultera is that of Eusebius (c. 324)."
- 2 John 7-11: Case Study or Comprehensive? -- "Is it only very specific truths that form a boundary line for the limitations John bring in 2 John 7-11?"
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
A Study of, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.