- All Beth Moore critiques here in one place (Newest) -- "This blog essay is a repository for links to all Beth Moore critiques I have written over the years..."
- All Other Ground is Sinking Sand: A Portrait of Theological Disaster -- "The CBF assembly in Dallas this coming June will be an historic meeting, one way or the other."
- Andy Stanley and the Old Testament: A Few Concerns -- "...I think one error Andy makes is that he conflates the Jewish worldview of Jesus’ time and the Judaizing Heresy with the Old Testament Scriptures."
- Building a theological library, part 1 -- "I am going to assume for the sake of this essay that readers appreciate the value of having a good library..."
- Building a Theological Library, Part 2: Tips on Putting Together a Print Collection -- "Know why you are buying a particular book and, if the book does not meet a need, skip it."
- Cane Springs Church, from Old Cane Springs - A Story of the War Between the States in Madison County, Kentucky revised edition by J. T. Dorris, 1936
- Christian Baptist -- Periodical of Alexander Campbell, before the Baptists dropped him and he dropped the Baptists
- Marcion and Getting Unhitched from the Old Testament -- "The idea of recasting Christianity for a new day—in softer, gentler hues, more focused on the life of Jesus instead of the wrath-satisfying death of Jesus—is always popular."
- McWhorter, Ward, Tyndale, and a KJV Update -- "With that in mind, it has to be something different that Ward wants than providing an easier Bible for the child in a crumbling and failing inner city school. That child has numerous options right this moment if someone wants to give that to him."
- Quirks of Fundamentalism Distract from Its Real Problems -- "...it is easier to reduce the Christian life to circumcision like the Galatians instead of fruit of the Spirit..."
- Remembering When Americans Picnicked in Cemeteries -- "There are still scattered graveyards where you can picnic among tombstones, too, particularly if you know someone with a sizable family lot."
- Standard Conversation Between Multiple Versionist with Perfect Preservationist -- "I've never read Wilkinson's book, but the position I take is actually the same one found in..."
- The Apostasy of 'Social Justice Christians' -- "“Social justice Christians” are those who profess Christianity, but who adhere to politically entrenched concepts of equality and redistribution of wealth."
- The Biblical Qualifications and Responsibilities of Deacons -- ""Whereas the Bible charges elders with the tasks of teaching and leading the church, deacons’ role is more service-oriented."
- The Canonicity of the Received Bible (Textus Receptus) Established from Reformation and Post-Reformation Baptist Confessions -- "The Bible teaches the verbal, plenary preservation of the inspired autographa (Psalm 12:6-7). Furthermore, it affirms the perpetual availability of the preserved words of God to every generation of believers (Isaiah 59:21)."
- The Lie about the History of One Bible Onlyism -- "We are thinking now of a letter we received a few days ago a most sincere Christian who attacks the use of any other than the King James Version on the ground that this version was as he declares authorized by God. This conception of the King James Version is more or less general in many communities."
- The Making of a Battle Royal: The Rise of Liberalism in Northern Baptist Life, 1870-1920, by Jeffrey Paul Straub
- The Origin of King James Onlyism -- "the origin goes back, not to the beginning of the 'King James Only' movement in the twentieth century, but four hundred years earlier to King James (1566- 1625) himself."
- What is Social Justice? -- "Jonah Goldberg of the American Enterprise Institute tries to pin this catchall phrase to the wall. In doing so, he exposes the not-so-hidden agenda of those who use it."
- Who is “the Israel of God” in Galatians 6:16? -- "Good men have disagreed as to how to answer this question. My purpose in reviewing the debate here is not to explore every argument in detail but to at least review the various views, state my view, and..."
Tuesday, May 22, 2018
All Beth Moore critiques, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.