- Amazon Drops Christian Non-Profit from Donations Program After SPLC Declares It a ‘Hate Group’ -- "If you are going to rely on a discredited partisan organization like the SPLC to determine who is eligible to participate in AmazonSmile, you should disclose that in your policy and to your customers."
- Cal Thomas: Are today's Evangelicals following Jesus or following Trump? -- "There is a conceit among some conservative Christians that God is only at work when a person they voted for is elected and that the rest of the time He must be attending to other countries."
- Churches Rarely Reprimand Members, New Survey Shows -- "According to the phone survey of 1,000 Protestant senior pastors, 16 percent of pastors say their church has disciplined a member in the last year."
- Colleges: Anti-Diversity and Pro-Exclusion -- "None of this professorial and student behavior is new at the nation's colleges. It's part of the leftist agenda that dominates our colleges."
- Discrimination and Disparities -- "One of those myths is that but for the fact of discrimination, we'd all be proportionately represented in socio-economic characteristics, such as career, income, education and incarceration."
- Four Women Accuse New York’s Attorney General of Physical Abuse -- "Eric Schneiderman has raised his profile as a voice against sexual misconduct. Now, after suing Harvey Weinstein, he faces a #MeToo reckoning of his own."
- Is Dorothy Sayers’ Trivium Method True to Christian Ideas About Education? -- "What is it, really, that we are doing? And does what we’re doing, however well it might work (better than the modern educational models), align with what Scripture calls us to in formation and discipleship of our children?"
- Minutes of the Southwestern District Missionary Baptist Association -- "Individual years are listed on those pages. All minutes are in pdf format."
- Pagan Culture and Apostate Culture -- "Those cultures which were formed by Christianity and have since abandoned it are not...pagan cultures. They are apostate cultures, and an apostate culture is a much scarier animal than a pagan one."
- Pew: 25% of survey's Christians don't buy biblical God -- "It means, by the way, that not only are they not Christians, they're not even theists."
- Pew: 65% of White Democrats Don’t Believe in ‘All-Knowing, All-Powerful, All-Loving’ God -- "Republicans and nonwhite Democrats are also much more likely to believe God possesses any one of these traits than are white Democrats."
- Southern Baptist lobbying group silent on religious liberty threat in California -- "Assembly Bill 2943 would seriously curtail Christian voices regarding the power of Christ to deal with LGBTQ desires."
- The Danvers Statement -- "Both Adam and Eve were created in God's image, equal before God as persons and distinct in their manhood and womanhood."
- United States Commission on International Religious Freedom 2018 Annual Report -- "In the 28 nations addressed in this report, governments and nonstate actors targeted religious minorities, dissenting members of majority communities, and nonreligious persons."
- When Americans Say They Believe in God, What Do They Mean? -- "Nine-in-ten Americans believe in a higher power, but only a slim majority believe in God as described in the Bible."
- Why I Prefer the King James Version, Part 2, by Wendell Butte -- "The KJV does not do damage to the virgin birth of Christ.
Thursday, May 10, 2018
Are today's Evangelicals following, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.