- Baptismal Regeneration in Acts 2:38 -- "...water baptism in Acts 2:38 functions as neither a sufficient nor a necessary condition of salvation, but as a declaration that one has been saved."
- Baptists Agree to Start Hiring Homosexuals for Mission Service -- "...the CBF governing body has stated that it will “consider” the sexuality of proposed staff or missionaries, but unlike the 18-year-old policy now replaced, it will not ban them from service."
- CBF relaxes policy on hiring LGBTQ staff, but maintains some restrictions -- "The Cooperative Baptist Fellowship will continue to make sexual orientation a consideration in some, but not all, employment decisions with a new hiring policy and implementation plan adopted Feb. 9 by the CBF Governing Board."
- ‘Evangelical’ Isn’t a Dirty Word -- "Justified revulsion over politics is no reason to renounce a religious identity."
- Five words of hope in the face of horrific evil and pain -- "When horrific evil unfolds before our very eyes, there is a temptation to lose sight of the verities that ought to sustain and comfort us."
- Is Evolution Biblically Acceptable? The Question of Genesis 1 -- "Given what World Magazine has called a "major, well-funded push" to promote the acceptance of evolution among evangelical Christians, the case must be persuasively made against the compatibility of evolution and the Bible."
- Some women don't want reproductive rights. I'm one of them. -- "As much as Republicans' behavior offends many women, there will always be some women who find the Democrats more unpalatable still. And abortion is the biggest reason why."
- Temple Texas Christians Take a Stand Against Gay Mafia in Public Library -- "One bulletin board decorated with rainbows read, “Be inspired: Celebrate pride month.” Informational sheets and LGBT-themed books divided by age group were displayed on a table near the children’s desk."
- The New Independent Baptists -- "One of the great benefits of being Independent Baptist was supposed to be the lack of denominational control. Sadly, our movement has not always been able to live up to this ideal."
- Where Circus and Church Meet: A Plea for the Recovery of Sola Scriptura in Worship -- "Surely my ears were deceiving me: did this dear brother in Christ, this member of the pastoral search team, really just ask me, “What is your view of clown ministry in the local church?”"
- Why I Encourage People Not to Observe Lent -- "Lent is not in the Bible, nor anything resembling it. Movement toward Lent is movement away from the idea that the New Testament should give us the pattern for ecclesiastical celebrations or individual spiritual formation."
- 13 Words That Are Even More Offensive And Sexist Than 'Mankind' -- "At a recent town hall, Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau explained that the word 'mankind' is not inclusive enough. 'Peoplekind' is the acceptable form."
Saturday, March 03, 2018
Baptismal regeneration, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.