- A Young Historian’s Meditation on the Living and the Dead -- "No comfort and no luxury will equal or compare, to simple joys like hearth and home when family is there."
- An Antipaedobaptist who was ‘One of the First of the Clergy to Introduce Reformation’ "Only a few men of credobaptist convictions were ejected from Church of England pulpits by the Act of Uniformity. While most of them came to serve Baptist congregations, the most important of them, John Tombes, did not."
- Leighton Flowers AGAIN Teaches Salvation Without Faith -- "What you will witness in the video is Flowers beating his chest and throwing a hissy fit that we characterized his semi-Universalist statements as allowing for salvation outside of Jesus."
- Minutes before execution, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott commutes the sentence of Thomas Whitaker -- "Whitaker planned the murders of his family with his roommate, Chris Brashear, who shot the murder victims and Whitaker’s father, Kent, as they all came home from dinner one evening. The roommates had planned the murders to get inheritance money."
- Murder By Family by Kent Whitaker -- "This is the tragic story of Kent Whitaker's heart-wrenching journey toward forgiveness and faith after the brutal murder of his wife and one of his sons."
- Richard Adams, A Disciple of John Tombes -- "Though John Tombes continued as a member in the Church of England after his ejection, his disciples did not."
- Samson: the Movie vs. Samson: the Bible Truth -- "Was the Bible account just not exciting enough for the producers, that they had to add to God’s own Word? Apparently so."
- Staying At Home With Your Kids When You Can Barely Afford It -- "We have no debt, and we have no interest in acquiring any."
- The Ashworth Act — “An Act for the Relief of Certain Free Persons of Color” -- "Passed on December 12, 1840, the Ashworth Act was drafted in response to earlier legislation that aimed to remove all free black residents from the Republic of Texas."
- The Meaning of "Alma" in Isaiah 7:14 by R. D. Wilson -- "Having been frequently asked concerning the meaning of 'Alma in Is. vii. 14...I have undertaken the following pages."
- The Promise of a Saviour-King -- "First of all he issues a word of great practicality and comfort. Ahaz is trembling, but Isaiah is not, for when one has the word of God he need not fear what man can do to him."
- Were the Albigenses and Waldenses Forerunners of the Reformation? -- "According to [Philip Duplessis-Mornay], the Albigenses were in the lineage of the early church and the true remnant. A similar view was held by Perrin, who detected no vestige of Manichaeism."
- What Difference Does a Homosexual Prelate Make? -- "...Spellman was said to be “one of the most notorious, powerful and voracious homosexuals in the history of the American Church..."
- Why I hate church nurseries -- "Learning to sit still in church will also be a valuable lesson for younger children, rather than picking up every bad behavior from other kids in the nursery."
- 5 reasons I don’t leave my babies in the church nursery -- "Sometimes people ask me if I want to leave my baby in the nursery and “get a break” – and I’m sure I get a rather quizzical expression on my face. Because that wouldn’t be a break for me."
- 50 places in the US where retirement is affordable, health care is excellent, and life is good -- "WalletHub scored each city based on affordability, activities, quality of life, and healthcare. The four categories were weighted equally..."
Thursday, March 08, 2018
A Young Historian’s Meditation, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.