- Can Christians Tell ‘White Lies’? Menno Simons’ Classic Dilemma -- "Like most Christians throughout time and space, the Anabaptists didn’t always do what they wanted to do."
- Forever Infallible & Inerrant: Remembering God’s Extraordinary Providence in Preserving His Inspired Words through the Traditional & Reformation Texts Underlying the King James Bible -- "Whatever may be urged in favour of Biblical Revision, it is at least undeniable that the undertaking involves a tremendous risk."
- I’m a scholar of the “prosperity gospel.” It took cancer to show me I was in its grip. -- "Some believers in the prosperity gospel seek wealth. But others just want reassurance."
- Is a Pronominal Revision of the Authorized Version Desirable? -- "The real issue is whether or not we are prepared to give up the use of the singular of the pronoun entirely, and to this there are two main objections."
- King James Onlyism: A New Sect -- "This new doctrine declares that the King James Version of the Bible is the providentially preserved Word of God, and is actually (or essentially) the only and final authority in all matters of faith and practice for the English-speaking world today."
- King James Only (Part I) -- "What the KJ only folks are saying is that only the KJ version gives the divinely-chosen translation of the Greek original."
- King James Seminary, Part II -- "I realize that those who defend the 'King James only' (KJO) position, especially those in our denomination, do so out of a sincere love for God and for the Bible as the Word of God."
- My Response to Gary R. Hudson's 7 Reasons Why KJO Spreads in Independent Baptist Churches -- "With Reason #1, Hudson enters full steam ahead into his carnival of disingenuity."
- Scholarly Myths Perpetuated on Rejecting the Masoretic Text of the OT -- "These historical myths and supporting corollaries diametrically oppose the reception of the Masoretic text as the Hebrew text behind the Authorized Version."
- The Lord Jesus Christ and the Received Bible, John 17:8 -- "The Bible, however, attests to its own inspiration, preservation, and authority. Furthermore, the author of Scripture, the Lord Jesus Christ, spoke clearly about the doctrines of perfect inspiration, perfect preservation and their resultant text and translations."
- The New Bible (Revised Standard Version): Why Christians Should Not Accept It -- "The people and the church that feed upon this new Bible will be a different people and a different church from those who feed upon the King James Version with its honoring of the deity of Christ and the virgin birth of our Lord."
- The Study Of Bible Translation -- "This is why the King James Version 1611 remains the best choice for believers today."
- Vetus Latina edition -- "A critical edition of the Old Latin Bible is being overseen by the Vetus Latina Institute."
- Which Version: Authorized or Revised? -- "The present inquiry is in regard to the many differences, some of them quite serious, between the "Authorized," or King James Version, first published in 1611, and the "Revised" Version of 1881."
- White Oak Baptist Church – Simply Appalachian -- "The altar and pulpit were in the front of the church, and as many as five of six preachers would sit up there when I was a young child."
Tuesday, March 27, 2018
Can Christians Tell, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.