- 5 Practical Ways to Diligently Invest in Your Children -- "In Deuteronomy 6, God not only instructs adults to personally love God and others, but He instructs them to passionately teach their children to do the same."
- 5 Reasons to Use the King James Version -- "Christians ought to be interested in having the very words of God, since this is what Jesus said we need!"
- 5 Ways Spurgeon’s Metropolitan Tabernacle Cultivated Meaningful Membership -- "For all of his evangelistic preaching, Spurgeon refused to separate the call to the gospel with the call to be accountable to a local church."
- 3 Ways Not to Use Greek in Bible Study -- "The sad truth is that many Christians spend too much time looking up Greek words and coming to misguided conclusions because they don't really understand how the language works (they often know just enough to be dangerous)."
- 200th Anniversary of Buck Run Baptist Church -- "Like all Baptist churches of the period, the church was formed with two primary documents—a confession of faith (what they agreed to believe together) and a church covenant (how they agreed to live together)."
- Articles of Faith of Buck Run Baptist Church (1818) -- "The confession as it appears in Buck Run’s Minute Book reads..."
- Evangelical Christian Detained by Saskatoon Police for Handing Out Tracts -- "He was detained by the police for 48 hours, literature confiscated and no charges ever laid."
- How a first responder disregarded an order and saved a Florida school shooting victim's life -- "Instead of taking her to a hospital with a children's facility some 30 miles away as he had been instructed to do, Ojeda made the decision to take Maddy to a hospital just 10 miles from the high school. The gutsy, split-second call probably saved her life."
- Islam—Facts or Dreams? -- "In 1993 I was a seasoned federal prosecutor, but I only knew as much about Islam as the average American with a reasonably good education—which is to say, not much."
- Learning the Lessons of History: The Salters’ Hall Synod of 1719; No. 1 -- "Rather than give up their positions in their respective churches, Peirce and Hallett practised deception upon their congregations."
- Learning the Lessons of History: The Salters’ Hall Synod of 1719; No. 2 -- "A firm, Biblical Statement of Faith is essential to keep liberalism at bay."
- Matthew 7:12 – The “Golden Rule” as Uniquely Taught by Jesus -- "Advocates of “religious tolerance” – or as more accurately termed, advocates of religious relativism or religious pluralism – often cite the Golden Rule as an example of how all religions are essentially teaching the same thing."
- Steven Furtick’s ‘Church’ Calls Cops on People Preaching Gospel Lawfully from Sidewalk "Some well-meaning and seemingly reasonable open air evangelists were politely handing out tracts with the face and words of Charles Spurgeon."
- The Canonicity of the Received Bible (Textus Receptus) Established from Reformation and Post-Reformation Baptist Confessions -- "Baptists affirmed the verbal, plenary preservation and perpetual availability of Scripture, and identified that matchless treasure with their common Bible, crystallized in the Authorized Version and its original language equivalents."
- The History of the King James Only Controversy within the Independent Baptist Churches: Its Effect and Importance, 1964-2000 -- "...in 1964, a Baptist pastor from Pensacola, Florida published a book entitled Bible Babel. Up until this point in the history of Fundamentalism with regard to the Bible translation issue there were two distinct camps."
- The Love of God and the Intent of the Atonement -- "...“limited atonement” is objectively misleading. Every view of the Atonement “limits” it in some way, save for the view of the unqualified universalist."
Wednesday, March 14, 2018
5 Practical Ways to Diligently Invest, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.