- 3 Reasons You Should Read the Whole Bible This Year -- "You’ll reduce the risk of interpreting passages out of context."
- 5 Reasons Children Belong in the Main Service Regularly -- "...there is a movement in many churches today to always have children separated from adults."
- 90 Hard Words in the Bible -- "There are some words in the Bible that are not used very often in today’s English. Here is a list of 90 of them with their definitions for your convenience."
- A Critical Examination of Some of the Evidences Used in Defense of the Authorized Version of 1611: It’s Subsequent Reprints and Modern Representatives -- "My intent is not to attack nor demean my fellow believers in the Grand Old Book, but to set forth a reasoned and well researched examination of the facts of our defense of the King James Bible."
- Answering Joel Beeke on the KJV -- "By holding on to the old standard, we have lost our opportunity to be unified on the new one."
- Baptist Confession Making 1644 and 1689 -- "It seems appropriate that we should refer to it as The Second London Confession, and since confession making does not occur in a vacuum, to pursue the further questions, ‘Why a second confession?’ and ‘What about the first, that of 1644?’."
- Biblical Presuppositions on the Bible Version Issue -- "Any biblical research that does not result in spiritual edification is wrongheaded and is disobedience to the plain commands of the Word of God."
- Children Destroy the Church’s Worshipful Atmosphere -- "A radical idea has been embraced by some modern churches: “No kids allowed in the adult worship service”."
- KJV Parallel Bible -- "Using the KJV Parallel Bible, English speakers can see for themselves the differences between the two major textual traditions...Every difference between texts on this site was marked (and checked) by hand, not generated by computer. The work was done by men from KJV-Only and non-KJV-Only institutions."
- Let’s Go Back to ‘Only Begotten’ -- "...a search of Thesaurus Linguae Graecae—a comprehensive database of ancient, Koine, and medieval Greek—reveals that the word monogenēs is used most basically and frequently in contexts having to do with biological offspring."
- Men of God Who Foresaw the Fruit of the Modern Texts and Versions -- "It is instructive to look back on this debate [on revising the Authorised Version] and to consider the warnings that were made by those who opposed revision."
- Nehemiah Coxe (d. 5 May 1689) -- "Apart from his achievements as a physician, Nehemiah Coxe was most well known for his four publications and his pastoral work in the Petty France church alongside of William Collins."
- Nursery Obsessed Churches. Why can't I take my kid to events? -- "Then there’s Childcare Not Available. This is a giant flashing red light that screams “DON’T EVEN BRING YOUR KID INTO THE BUILDING! I HOPE YOU HAVE A SITTER AVAILABLE”."
- Online Particular Baptist Resources -- "This page is dedicated to collating online links to copies of Particular Baptist literature."
- Practical Reasons for Retaining the KJV, Joel Beeke -- "No other version has been used so widely among evangelical Christians."
- Reuben Ross: Shifting Away From Calvinism -- "Calvinist pastors in the Association reacted quickly, as shared in Goodspeed’s History of Tennessee,for they called a meeting and elected Elder Sugg Fort to confront and confer with Rueben Ross."
- The Language of the KJV -- "That leaves us with unfamiliar archaic words that cannot be discerned by the context. Such words could cause problems with comprehension."
- Was "King James Onlyism" Invented by a Seventh-Day Adventist? -- "In 1819 [Henry] Todd published A Vindication of Our Authorized Translation and Translators of the Bible. This work was occasioned by the clamor of some who wanted to correct the Received Greek New Testament and the King James Bible on the basis of modern textual criticism."
- Yes, You Can Be Pro-Choice And A Christian, Even Though It’s Not Consistent -- "The Christian life is fraught with many moral dilemmas, many hidden sins, many twists along the narrow way, and we need to allow space for people to learn over time."
- “You” and “You” – Singular or Plural? -- "Did you notice how the number of the second person pronoun shifted from singular to plural? There is no way you would pick that up from the [modern] English [translations]."
Saturday, March 10, 2018
3 Reasons You Should Read the Whole Bible, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.