- 7 Baptist distinctives amid Reformation's milieu -- "Baptist is more than a traditional title, or something we are in name only. 'Baptist' summarizes our beliefs and connects us to a long heritage of bold, New Testament believers."
- #MeToo: 7 lessons for the movement from slave trader John Newton -- "Contrary to the popular myth he did not, from the moment of his conversion, repent of his slave trading and campaign against it."
- Black Fundamentalists and Moody Bible Institute -- "At no point did white evangelicals consider reaching out to the nation’s black churches. The color line, Gloege concludes, always trumped theology."
- Baptism in the King James Bible -- "The argument goes that baptism was not an English word until the King James translators transliterated it into their Bible in 1611."
- Changes in the King James Version -- "The following information is given so that the reader may gain an accurate impression of how far the modern editions differ from the original King James version of 1611."
- Christ’s Use of Targums -- "The greatest challenge for those promoting Christ’s use of the LXX is overcoming the biblical passages which declare His exclusive use of the Hebrew text..."
- Decker Perpetuates Myths about the KJV -- "...there were in fact no 'updates' to the KJV which can be compared to the revisions made in the NIV and other modern versions in the past few years."
- Fellowship, Separation, and the Local Baptist Church -- "...just as it is possible to hyper-separate, it is entirely possible to so over-collaborate that you reach across lines of doctrine or holiness where there should be separation."
- Bible Research -- "Internet Resources for Students of Scripture, detailed information on the history of the canon, texts, and versions of Scripture."
- Making THM Work For You -- "I decided to create this post after recently discovering a very savvy two-year THM veteran that didn’t know the main THM Main Fb group even existed."
- Mike Huckabee Resigns After One Day On The Job -- "Until recently, the arts was the one place America could set aside political, geographical, racial, religious, and economic barriers and come together."
- Porn Is Not the Worst Thing on Musical.ly -- "One word sums up my experience: Nowayismykidgettingthisapp."
- The Intellectual Origins of the 1644 London Baptist Confession -- "During a recent reading of David Bebbington’s Baptists Through the Centuries, his mention of a scholarly dispute regarding the intellectual origins of the 1644 London Baptist Confession peaked my interest."
- The Sick Southern Baptist System -- "13 Reasons to Get Out and Stay Out of the Southern Baptist Convention"
- 'The View's' Joy Behar calls Mike Pence to apologize for calling his Christian faith a 'mental illness' -- "By the end of February, [Media Research Center]'s campaign had led to at least 30,000 calls insisting that Behar apologize, as well as 6,000 calls to the daytime show's sponsors, according to Fox News."
- What is a Family Integrated Church? Watch and Share this Free Film! -- "Consider a restaurant that advertises itself as “family friendly,” but what they mean by that is that children aren’t welcome to eat with their parents, and will instead be shuffled off in the corner to eat animal crackers and watch a film."
- What is the Transgender Agenda, and how should Christians respond? -- "Up to relatively recently, the ideology of gender fluidity would have seemed remote and alien to most people. But around three years ago the media began to focus on this issue relentlessly."
- Why should I use DuckDuckGo instead of Google? -- "#1 — Google tracks you. We don’t."
- "Ye Are the Body of Christ" -- "The popular interpretation of I Cor. 12:13 as expressed by Scofield, Chafer, Ryrie and McCune is faced with an exegetical predicament--it is incongruous with the Scripture....in regard to the agent, timing and element of Spirit Baptism."
“Ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein.” Caveat lector
Thursday, March 22, 2018
7 Baptist distinctives, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.
Posted by R. L. Vaughn at 10:45 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment