- 10 Things I Did Not Do that Improved My Congregation’s Singing -- "My congregation sings better than they did a year ago."
- 11 Reasons to Keep Screens out of the Sanctuary -- "We must stop over-stimulating. We have to be honest that the very presence of visual media can limit congregational engagement, stifle creativity, and worst of all, enslave us to its use. The negative reaction this post is likely to receive may be proof enough that we’re already dependent past the point of easy return."
- A Funny Little Story about Hymns and Praise Songs -- "An old farmer went to the city one weekend and attended the big city church."
- An Old Testament View of the Ministry of Music -- "Christians have not thought through the biblical theology and principles pertaining to the matter of music. As a result, they base their beliefs and practice on personal preference, taste, and cultural traditions."
- Center for Church Music -- "The philosophy at the Center is simple: We believe that music, and in particular, singing, is a very important human activity."
- Hymn History -- "Greetings, friends. This is J. C. Yoakum and you're listening to Hymn Time."
- Hymnals Published by Firm Foundation (Austin, Texas), 1909-1979 -- "There were two distinct eras of hymnal publishing at Firm Foundation: the years prior to the U.S. entry into the Second World War, and the postwar period."
- Pop Goes the Worship -- "If you eat nothing but Big Macs, Gordon says, you will never appreciate a filet mignon."
- Repetition in Songs is Not A Contemporary Versus Traditional Argument -- "The point is that it is a time tested and useful tactic in songwriting that when used properly can create a singable and memorable expression of worship and/or Biblical truth that serves our congregations well."
- The Damascus Road "A Glimpse of Freedom" 1977 -- "We began as a group when I was going to Jacksonville Baptist College in Jacksonville, Texas."
- Why I’m Still Struggling to Sing in Your Church -- "Let me tell you, if there was a war, it’s been over for a long time. And the Christian Church did not win."
- Worship Leader Under Investigation For Not Playing ‘Oceans’ -- A little "worship leader" satire, for your viewing pleasure
Thursday, April 06, 2017
10 Things I Did Not Do, and other music links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.