Translate

Sunday, April 10, 2016

This I know - My Saviour knows

This I know/My Saviour knows by E. Margaret Clarkson

I do not know what next may come 
Across my pilgrim way; 
I do not know tomorrow's road, 
Nor see beyond today. 
But this I know -- my Saviour knows 
The path I cannot see; 
And I can trust His wounded hand 
To guide and care for me. 

I do not know what may befall, 
Of sunshine or of rain; 
I do not know what may be mine, 
Of pleasure and of pain; 
But this I know -- my Saviour knows 
And whatsoe'er it be 
Still I can trust his love to give 
What will be best for me. 

I do not know what may await, 
Or what the morrow brings; 
But with the glad salute of faith, 
I hail its opening wings; 
For this I know -- that in my Lord 
Shall all my needs be met; 
And I can trust the heart of Him, 
Who has not failed me yet.

No comments: