Translate

Friday, April 01, 2016

Sexual Assault Awareness Month

Our county commissioners have declared April to be "Sexual Assault Awareness Month". This is probably a common thing to do and may be largely symbolic. But it is supposed to include educational events, which I hope will be good. Unfortunately, some educational events proceed from non-christian and anti-christian worldviews. We hope something good comes from it. One bit of information the article reporting the commissioners' action included is that we have about 150 registered sex offenders in our county population of 53,000. I'm not sure how this compares on average to other places, but when I think of 150 sex offenders scattered over my county I know it is way too many. According to the article, 1 in 4 girls and 1 in 6 boys will be sexually assaulted before they reach age 18.

No comments: