- 30-second Super Bowl ads for 2015 will cost $4.5 million. In contrast, an ad on the popular CBS "The Big Bang Theory" comedy averaged $344,827 in 2014.
- The 2014 Super Bowl is currently the most-watched television show of all U.S. history.
- Super Bowl Sunday is the second biggest feasting day of the year in the U.S., second only to Thanksgiving.
- Super Bowl Sunday is the second largest day for alcohol-related accidents in the U.S., after St. Patrick’s Day.
- Super Bowl Sunday is the second largest day for beer consumption, after July the 4th.
- The Super Bowl is the largest day of sex trafficking and prostitution in the United States.
- Four times as many people will watch the Super Bowl as watched the President's January 2015 State of the Union address.
- According to the American Gaming Association approximately $100 million is bet legally on the Super Bowl each year. They expect $3.8 billion in illegal bets on the 2015 Bowl.
- Some people want to make Super Bowl Sunday a national holiday. Maybe so; one source says 7 million employees will be late or not show up for work the Monday after the Super Bowl.
- 8 million pounds of popcorn are consumed on Super Bowl Sunday.
Believe at your own risk. All of these facts are touted somewhere in the media. I think most of them are based in fact -- some are straightforward, but others are disputed. Some might certainly be difficult to prove one way or the other.
Post a Comment