Translate

Saturday, February 07, 2015

Break Fast

This morning I broke my fast at Denny's Restaurant. It was the first time I've eaten at one in years (and years and years). I tried the Grand Slamwich. Perhaps I was half asleep, but I found it surprisingly plain, considering that it combined sausage, bacon, ham, eggs and cheese on potato bread. I think the "maple spice spread" with which it was grilled overpowered all the other flavors. That maple flavor was about the same as McDonalds' McGriddle. The hash browns were also kind of bland and the coffee was adequate. The service was good. It was plenty to fill me up, and looks like I'll be eating the other half for lunch.

Waffle House is my overall breakfast favorite place (other than home), and Mr. Taco in Lockhart, Texas is my favorite specialty location. Mr. Taco and Herschel's Restaurants serve the best coffee -- Douwe Egberts.

1 comment:

R. L. Vaughn said...

On up in the morning, I also realized that Denny's must be a suburb of Heartburn City!