Translate

Monday, November 10, 2014

More-field

[Compiling in one place a list of links I found while searching on Cyrus Ingerson/C. I. Scofield -- the pro, the con and the neutral; hagiography and 'hamartiography', and a few that might be just plain whackadoodle!]

A-field
* C. I. Scofield Wikipedia article
* Cyrus Ingerson Scofield on Find-a-Grave.com
* Grave of C. I. Scofield
* Significant Trends, Fundamentalism and C. I. Scofield
* Guide to William A. BeVier Collection on C. I. Scofield
* Guide to C. I. (Cyrus Ingerson) Scofield Papers
* Scofield and His Bible
* Scofield, Cyrus Ingerson, Handbook of Texas

Pro-field
* Biography - Dr. C. I. Scofield
* Closing a “Theological Loophole” A Defense of Traditional  Dispensationalism's View of Social and Political Action, pages 71-87
* Conversion of C. I. Scofield: An American Lawyer
* Cyrus Ingersoll (sic) Scofield (1843 - 1921)
* Cyrus Ingerson Scofield
* Cyrus Ingerson Scofield and the Scofield Reference Bible
* Cyrus Ingerson Scofield by John Hannah
* Lutzweiler's "Folly" (Part 1)
* Lutzweiler's "Folly" (Part 2)
* Lutzweiler's "Folly" (Part 3)
* Lutzweiler's "Folly" (Part 4)
* Lutzweiler's "Folly" (Part 5)
* Notes on C. I. Scofield and the Scofield Bible
* Off the Cuff! (Part 1), Errors in "Folly" Review
* Scofield Bible, First 100 Years
* The Incredible Canfield and His Scofield Hatchet Job
* The Most Famous Study Bible Of Them All: The Scofield Reference Bible
* The Theology of the Scofield Reference Bible

Con-field
* A Candid Examination of the Scofield Bible
* Analyzing Scofield
* A Reverend Revealed: The Real Identity of One of the Most Influential (and Simplistic) Thinkers of the 19th Century
* C. I. Scofield
* C. I. Scofield - The Rest of the Story
* Cyrus I. Scofield – Conman or Great Man of God?
* C. I. Scofield: Scoundrel, Shyster, and Scalawag
* Cyrus I. Scofield: Pope of Premillennialism
* Darby's Man in America
* From Confederate Deserter to Decorated Veteran Bible Scholar: Exploring the Enigmatic Life of C.I. Scofield, 1861-1921
* Pretrib Rapture Dishonesty
* Scofield: The Man Behind The Myth
* The Incredible Scofield and His Book
* The Strange Career of Cyrus Ingerson Scofield
* Who Was Cyrus I Scofield? Who Did Scofield Work For? Who Paid Him to Write His Reference Book and Why?

Book reviews
* A review of The Incredible Scofield and His Book (You can read part of the review, or all if you have a subscription.)
* Book Briefs: The Praise of Folly: The Enigmatic Life and Theology of C.I. Scofield by David Lutzweiler
* Book Review: The Scofield Bible – Its History and Impact on the Evangelical Church

Books
* Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth by C. I. Scofield

No comments: