- A Body of Practical Divinity, Of the Officers of a Church -- "His qualifications, such as before observed, must be known by the members of a church, and must be proved and approved of by them..."
- A Debate Between Mark Bennett and G. M. Thompson -- "A Debate on the Modern Missionary Enterprise"
- A Souvenir of Ministers of the Primitive Baptist Church, 1895 -- "By the last decade of the 1800’s, there were a number of attempts to provide a personal and photographic introduction of some of the more prominent ministers of our order."
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's mom shows the socialist disconnect from reality on taxes -- "“I was paying $10,000 a year in real estate taxes up north. I’m paying $600 a year in Florida. It’s stress-free down here."
- Big United Methodist questions: Has left embraced 'exit' plans? Do 'coexist' clauses work? -- "Notice, of course, that the [AP] story is framed — beginning to end — in terms of LGBTQ rights, as opposed to this denomination’s existing doctrines, which have been reaffirmed over and over in previous meetings."
- Cleaning Up the Lemon Mess -- "Yesterday’s oral argument revealed plenty of dissatisfaction with Lemon. Justice Gorsuch reflected the mood when he called Lemon a ‘dog’s breakfast,’ said that Lemon has produced a ‘welter of confusion’ in the lower courts, and suggested that it’s ‘time for this Court to thank Lemon for its services and send it on its way.’"
- Former FEC Commissioners Say Ocasio-Cortez Could Face Serious Prison Time For FEC Violation -- "Ocasio-Cortez never disclosed to the FEC that she and Chakrabarti, who served as her campaign chair, controlled the PAC while it was simultaneously supporting her primary campaign, and former FEC commissioners say the arrangement could lead to multiple campaign finance violations."
- Millennials believe calling yourself a socialist is sexy -- "Teenage girls hating capitalism? Where do they think their smart phones come from? Try going to the mall in Cuba. What kind of shopping is available in North Korea?"
- Oprah Winfrey Promotes “Shout Your Abortion” Movement -- "Oprah Winfrey waded deeper into political waters this summer by promoting the “Shout Your Abortion” movement and its attempts to normalize the killing of unborn babies."
- Stop Preaching to “Non-Christians” -- "Many “non-Christians” don’t know that they are “non-Christians”. If you asked them, they’d say they were Christians because they don’t know what it means to be a Christian."
- Supreme Court seems inclined to retain cross memorial in Maryland -- "The case is being closely watched because it involves the place of religious symbols in public life, but the particular memorial at issue in the case is a nearly 100-year-old cross that was built in a Washington, D.C., suburb as a memorial to area residents who died in World War I."
- Trump Aims to Stem Vet Suicide With Outreach, Local Grants -- "President Donald Trump's administration is seeking to stem the number of veteran suicides with a plan to boost outreach by awarding grants to community programs."
Saturday, March 09, 2019
A Body of Practical Divinity, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.