- A Short History of the Orser Family -- "George W Orser, son of William Orser, and a brother of Samuel B Orser, began to preach at the age of 15 years, was married to Miss Abigal [sic] Shaw at the age of 20 and was ordained as a minister that same year."
- Another former staffer accuses Rep. John Conyers of sexual misconduct -- "Veteran Rep. John Conyers is facing a fresh round of sexual misconduct allegations, with a former staffer saying he made unwanted sexual advances toward her."
- Behind the harassment scandals, another dirty little secret: pornography -- "...nobody is talking about what could be one of the most effective ways to attack the problem: Recognizing that pornography consumption is a public health crisis."
- Deacons: Shock-Absorbers and Servants -- "Deacons are shock-absorbers: the seven men chosen by the church in Jerusalem to care for widows, who seem to be precursors to deacons, were chosen to preserve unity at a time when botched administration was creating fissures in the church."
- Does Modesty Really Matter? -- "If you dress immodestly, you are NOT causing someone to become a rapist."
- Free Will Baptists in Tennessee by Robert E. Picirilli (Tennessee Baptist History, Fall 1999, pp. 43-52) -- "The frustrating thing about the history of Free Will Baptists in Tennessee is that it has been poorly preserved and researched."
- How a Roman Catholic View of Church Authority Compares to a Protestant View -- "At least we Catholics know who’s in charge of our Church! And our Church has lots of authority. You Protestants are like tribes without a chief, like ships without a rudder."
- Modesty Misunderstood: What Men and Women Need to Know -- "The idea of modesty has been almost exclusively attached to women’s dress...Real Christians love to fade into the background, serving the needs of others, asking Jesus to take center stage."
- NBC Fires Matt Lauer Over Sexual Misconduct Allegation -- "The reckoning over sexual harassment in the workplace claimed another leading television personality on Wednesday..."
- White privilege bolstered by teaching math, university professor says -- "Gutierrez says evaluations of math skills can perpetuate discrimination against minorities, especially if they do worse than their white counterparts." See also HERE
Thursday, November 30, 2017
Shock-Absorbers and Servants, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.