- For Civil-War Scholars, a Settled Question That Will Never Die: What Caused the War? -- "Nobody is saying there’s only one single cause of the Civil War...people tend to merge two questions together: The question of what caused a war and why people fought in the war. They are not the same question."
- George Washington’s church to tear down memorial honoring first president -- "'All are welcome — no exceptions' (unless you're George Washington and Robert E. Lee)."
- Kelly is right about Robert E. Lee -- "Lest I sound like a Southern sympathizer, let me state that my sentiments are pure Yankee. I lost an ancestor who wore blue and recently visited his grave in the National Cemetery in Beaufort, SC."
- Pastor Jeffress: Harvey Weinstein is the 'Natural Result' of a Nation that Rejects God's Word -- "Harvey Weinstein is no anomaly. He’s no accident. He is the natural result of a country that has untethered itself from the absolute truths of God’s Word."
- Religious affiliation at the time of death expected to change globally over next 50 years -- "This is the first study to analyze the demographics of religious affiliation at the time of death on a global scale and to make projections until 2060."
- Testing Our Commitment to Congregational Polity -- "Congregational governance under Christ’s Lordship is another distinguishing mark of a Baptist church."
- This 150 Year-Old Letter Shows Exactly How Exceptional Bosses Make Their Employees Feel -- "Great leaders aren't served; great leader serve."
- Why Knowing Your Flock Is Critical to Meaningful Preaching -- "Meaningful preaching has people’s idols in mind...people’s suffering in heart...people’s names in prayer."
- Why Liberty University Kicked an Anti-Trump Christian Author Off Campus -- "Those outside of the Liberty community are required to organize events according to “facility use protocols” to ensure safety and order, but he said Martin did not follow these."
Thursday, November 02, 2017
For Civil-War Scholars, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.