“Jesus Christ…the first begotten of the dead” (Revelation 1:5)
Lord, Enthroned in Heavenly Splendor (8s.7s.) by George Hugh Bourne (1840- 1925)
1. Lord, enthroned in heavenly splendor,
First begotten from the dead,
Thou alone, our strong Defender,
Now lift up Thy people’s head.
2. Though the lowliest form doth veil Thee
As of old in Bethlehem,
Here as there Thine angels hail Thee,
Branch and flower of Jesse’s stem.
3. Paschal Lamb, Thy offering finished
Once for all when Thou wast slain,
In its fullness undiminished
Shall forevermore remain.
4. Great High Priest of our profession,
Through the veil Thou wentest in,
By Thy mighty intercession,
Grace and peace for us to win.
5. Life imparting heavenly manna,
Smitten rock with streaming side,
Heaven and earth with loud hosanna
Worship Thee, the Lamb who died.