- ACLU enters Michigan child custody case involving same-sex parents -- "If this were a man and a woman, the decision would be easy. The biological parent has absolute control if the couple did not marry."
- Austin City Council approves gender-neutral bathrooms -- "Basically what this means is that men and women will be able to use any public bathroom they want, as long as it’s a single stall."
- How many mass shooting are there, really? -- Last week Washington Post reported there had been 355 mass shootings this year. Mother Jones's database says there have been four this year.
- I’m anti-abortion because I’m anti-murder -- "And I posted a few things on my Facebook page about the hypocrisy of the pro-choice movement that talks a good talk about the “war on women” but has no concern for the unborn women who are systematically aborted every day."
- Moms Share Their Most Common Breastfeeding Problems -- "Breastfeeding is the most natural way to feed a baby, but it doesn’t always feel that way. At some point, most nursing moms experience challenges..."
- New Study Finds That Office Air Is Slowing Your Brain Function -- "...carbon dioxide levels in offices, though not deadly, are still harmful to your health and negatively affect cognitive function."
- On ‘Thoughts and Prayers’ After the San Bernardino Shooting -- "Prayer—and lament—is the proper first response to tragedy."
- Viking hoard found in field sheds light on England's origins -- "A trove of Viking jewelry and Saxon coins unearthed by an amateur treasure-hunter in a farmer's field may help rescue an English king from obscurity."
- We’ve had a massive decline in gun violence in the United States. Here’s why. -- "In general, though, fewer Americans are dying as a result of gun violence — a shift that began about two decades ago."
- What we lose when we "prayer-shame" politicians after a mass shooting -- "I’ve been exasperated by the way politicians have used prayer, too."
Saturday, December 12, 2015
How many shootings, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.