- Constitution Check: Would a ban on all Muslims entering the U.S. be valid? -- "As a sovereign nation, the United States government has always had undoubted authority to decide who may enter the country, and the conditions for entry by those who seek it."
- How do perceptions of beauty vary across the globe? -- "The goal of this project is to better understand potentially unrealistic standards of beauty and to see how such pressures vary around the world."
- How Unpopular Is Trump’s Muslim Ban? Depends How You Ask -- "Respondents may be more willing to express socially unacceptable views to a machine than to a person, or automated polls may simply be reaching a differently composed population of respondents."
- Members Of Donald Trump’s Christian Denomination Are Trying To See If They Can Kick Him Out -- "[Rutgers Presbyterian Church] ask appropriate bodies of the Presbyterian Church (USA) to review his standing/membership in our denomination."
- Posting a Status Update? It’s Probably Out of Envy, Study Says -- "...people readily described feeling envy while reading social network statuses, especially statuses about travel and leisure."
- The Islamic Dilemma -- "Unlike Donald Trump, or at least the demagogue he’s playing, most Americans probably don’t want to seal our borders against Muslims. But most Americans do look at Islam and see a problem."
- Theology Is for the Humble -- "Any time we make statements about truths from Scripture we do theology."
- The "pre-born" parking plan -- Please pay your parking fee before existing.
- Title IX exemption fair, leaders say -- "At least 30 Christian schools have received exemption from Title IX provisions requiring equal treatment based not only on biological gender, but also transgendered identity..."
- Writing for an Audience of None -- "Will my writing add to and better the conversation surrounding the topic?"
Saturday, December 19, 2015
Constitution check, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.