Translate

Friday, December 31, 2021

On my birthday, I believe

I BELIEVE the Bible is the word of God. I believe in its

  • Eternal origination, Psalm 119:89 - For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven.
  • Divine inspiration, 2 Timothy 3:16 - All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
  • Providential preservation, Psalm 33:11 - The counsel of the Lord standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.

I believe revelation has finished, and that the canon is closed. The modern critical method effectively creates an open canon that will never be completed.

I believe the very real and pressing problem of our day is that some people (even those denominated Christians) do not believe the words they read in the Bible, neither in the original languages nor in whatever translation in whatever language that they read.

No comments: