Translate

Wednesday, December 08, 2021

The Scrivener Textus Receptus

Is the Textus Receptus Perfect in Every Jot and Tittle? Ambrose vs. Scrivener

I do not put this forward because I agree with Mark Ward. In addition, I think he tried to be a bit too clever with his hero Henry Ambrose. However, I think this is worth reading, something of which any KJV-Only or TR-Only supporters should be aware. It might help them prepare their arguments better, and perhaps strip away some extreme positions that cannot be supported. 
The following article is a slightly modified version of a lecture I delivered at BJU Seminary in Greenville, SC, on Nov 1, 2021.

The particular edition of the Greek New Testament used in all sectors of KJV-Onlyism is called “Scrivener’s”...I bought a copy of Scrivener’s Greek New Testament some months ago; my copy was published by the UK’s Trinitarian Bible Society, one of the most important and influential and responsible KJV-Only groups in the world.

To say that Scrivener’s Greek New Testament is used in all sectors of KJV-Onlyism is perhaps not quite right. The Ruckmanite extremists don’t have much patience for Greek...
Now that you have seen this, you have to read it, or else you may think you know something you don’t.

No comments: