- Another review of Lectures on Primitive Christianity -- “Mr. Wallin, in his Preface, laments the degeneracy of the times, and the great indifference to religious ordinances, which prevails among numbers who preserve some decency of conduct in other respects.”
- God’s Name Jehovah: What Does It Mean? -- “The Jews do not pronounce the name Jehovah. This practice of not using the name Jehovah initially was perhaps an expression of reverence, but later became superstitious in nature.”
- IMPORTANT: Everything you need to know about Critical Race Theory -- “Quite literally, it is racism masked as anti-racism. It is the height of irony.”
- Joint Statement from Senators Cruz, Johnson, Lankford, Daines, Kennedy, Blackburn, Braun, Senators-Elect Lummis, Marshall, Hagerty, Tuberville -- “America is a Republic whose leaders are chosen in democratic elections. Those elections, in turn, must comply with the Constitution and with federal and state law.”
- Joseph Harold Davis on the Book of Acts -- Let us learn one more lesson from the Apostle Paul.
- Latin Vulgate, Greek Textus Receptus, and King James New Testament -- “This bible is an excellent bible study tool for those who like to compare different translations. It shows a verse by verse comparison of Jerome's Latin Vulgate, the Greek Textus Receptus, and the King James translation of the New Testament with each verse side by side.”
- Lectures on Primitive Christianity, in doctrine, experience, worship, discipline and mannners -- “Another thing which eclipses our glory, is this, namely, the little concern of many, who have a name in the churches, to understand the nature, or practice the duties of their sacred covenant with one another in the Lord.”
- McClintock and Strong Biblical Cyclopedia -- “The Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological, and Ecclesiastical Literature contains nearly 50,000 articles pertaining to Biblical and other religious literature, people, creeds, etc.”
- Pastor killed, two other people injured in Texas church shooting -- “Woolen was a suspect in two drive-by shootings in the city of Marshall, about 50 miles east of Winona.”
- Scriptural Church Association -- Scriptural Church Association is then defined as a group of scriptural churches uniting as partners in carrying out the work of the Lord in such a way as not to violate the Scriptures in any way.
- Statement of Doctrine of Holy Scripture -- “The aim shall be to produce or select versions whose textual basis is as close as possible to the Hebrew Masoretic and the Greek Received texts underlying both the English Authorised Version and translations of comparable standing made from these texts into other European languages at the time of the Protestant Reformation.”
- The Creeping Danger of Materialism -- “After warning against the inroads of false teachers in First Timothy 6:1-5, we are given cautions about the dangers of falling under the grip of materialism.”
- This Is the “Strongest, Most Consistent” Sign You Have COVID, Study Says -- “According to the study, which has not yet been peer reviewed, these two COVID symptoms are actually the clearest signs that you’ve got the virus.”
- Which Version by Philip Mauro -- “The Bible is the one Book in the world which is constantly under scrutiny; and the scrutiny to which it is subject is of the most searching kind, and from the keenest and best equipped minds in the world...”
Wednesday, January 06, 2021
Lectures on Primitive Christianity, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.