Translate

Monday, January 06, 2020

Whatever the cup, and other quotes

The posting of quotes by human authors does not constitute agreement with either the quotes or their sources. (I try to confirm the sources that I give, but may miss on occasion; please verify when possible.)

“Whatever is in the cup that God is offering me, whether it be pain and sorrow and suffering and grief along with the many more joys, I’m willing to take it because I trust Him.” -- Elisabeth Elliot

“There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.” -- Attributed to John Andrew Holmes

“I call God to record against the day we shall appear before our Lord Jesus, that I never altered one syllable of God’s Word against my conscience, nor would do this day, if all that is in earth, whether it be honor, pleasure, or riches, might be given me.” -- William Tyndale

“Why do I choose to believe the Bible? It’s a reliable collection of historical documents written by eyewitnesses during the lifetime of other eyewitnesses. They report supernatural events that took place in fulfillment of specific prophecies, and claim that their writings are divine rather than human in origin.” -- Voddie Baucham

“If you eat a live toad first thing in the morning, nothing worse will happen to you all day.” -- Bob Smith

“There’s just one last favor I’ll ask of you, See that my grave is kept clean.” -- Blind Lemon Jefferson

“Infidelity spreads as Arminianism spreads. The step is very short from belief in a weak God to belief in no God at all.”  -- Benjamin Lampton (1825-1890)

“The best way to determine Bible reading comprehension is by observing whether what is being read is also being lived.”

“Who told you that you have to be miserable to make it through life?” Chuck Swindoll

“How willing is Christ to spread a garment on our nakedness!” -- Thomas Manton

“Mothers don’t ask which is the right side of history, they tell history which side to walk on.” -- Unknown

“When you can’t sleep at night, it might be God saying ‘Let’s talk!’” -- Read

“A man is not saved against his will, but he is made willing by the operation of the Holy Ghost. A mighty grace which he does not wish to resist enters into the man, disarms him, makes a new creature of him, and he is saved.” -- Charles Spurgeon

No comments: