Before his ascension
- To Mary Magdalene, Mark 16:9-11; John 20:11-18.
- To Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and other women, Matthew 28:1, 9-10; Mark 16:1; Luke 24:1-10.
- To Peter, Luke 24:34; 1 Corinthians 15:5.
- To the twelve, an unspecified mention that may include Matthias, 1 Corinthians 15:5.
- To Cleopas and another disciple on the road to Emmaus, Luke 24:13-35.
- To the apostles at Jerusalem, except for Thomas, Mark 16:14; Luke 24:36-43; John 20:19-25.
- To the eleven Apostles at Jerusalem, i.e., with Thomas, John 20:26-29.
- To the disciples by the Sea of Tiberias/Galilee, John 21:1-25.
- To the apostles on a mountain in Galilee, Matthew 28:16-20; Mark 16:15-18.
- To over five hundred brethren, 1 Corinthians 15:6.
- To James the brother of the Lord, 1 Corinthians 15:7.
- To the apostles at Jerusalem before his ascension, Mark 16:19-20; Luke 24:50-53; Acts 1:3-12; 1 Corinthians 15:7.
After his ascension