- Adam Schiff knew about whistleblower’s complaint before it was filed -- "Concerned with how his claims were being handled in the CIA, the whistleblower — who did not personally witness or hear the phone call, but learned of it secondhand — approached an aide to Schiff."
- British Court In Transgender Case: Bible Belief Is ‘Incompatible With Human Dignity’ -- "Belief in Genesis 1:27, lack of belief in transgenderism and conscientious objection to transgenderism in our judgment are incompatible with human dignity and conflict with the fundamental rights of others, specifically here, transgender individuals."
- Can Single Men Serve as Elders? -- "...would not a widower be excluded from serving, since he is not presently the husband of one wife?"
- Church History -- "Church history materials at PrimitiveBaptist.net"
- Club, Society, and Fraternity Gravestone Symbols, Part 2 -- "Once you understand the symbols, you will know more about that person’s life story."
- Daniel Parker: Pioneer preacher and political leader, by Dan Wimberly -- "Approximately three miles south of Elkhart in Anderson County Farm Road 319 winds through the peaceful East Texas countryside. Located by a gentle curve, a small red-bricked church guards a large cemetery."
- Early Times in Texas and History of the Parker Family -- "John Parker was a very elderly man so his son, Daniel, was at the head of the colony. On their way to Texas they never traveled on Sunday, but stopped and held their religious services and rested their stock."
- Faith and Healthy Democracy Study -- "Some observers warn that democracy cannot survive a wholesale loss of faith in one another, in public persuasion, and in the rules of democratic politics."
- Global Warming, God, and the “End Times” -- "For a significant number of Americans, the reality, causes and meaning of global warming are seen through the lens of their religious beliefs."
- How Congregations with Authority Submit to Elders -- "If the congregation as a whole is the final court of appeal, what does it mean for a church to submit to its leaders?"
- Outgrowing Atheism: it’s time for Richard Dawkins to grow up -- "...I have met more people who were converted to Christ through Dawkins, than have been converted to atheism."
- Reason and Faith -- "…the Enlightenment essentially created a Worldview without God, elevating reason over faith."
- Secular Worldview -- "A final essential component of the secular religion is pragmatism, the first distinctly American school of philosophy, formulated by John Dewey, William James, and John Sanders Peirce."
- You’re So Depraved, You Probably Think This Church Is About You: How Total Depravity Upends Attractionalism -- "Humanity’s problem is too great to be solved by relatable sermons and niche programs for broken people. And God’s solution is too great to exhaust itself with redeemed families and balanced budgets."
Tuesday, October 08, 2019
Early Times in Texas, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.