- A Theory of Everything (That Matters): A Brief Guide to Einstein, Relativity, and His Surprising Thoughts on God -- "McGrath, professor of science and religion at Oxford University, provides an excellent study of Einstein’s theories in relation to his beliefs about God."
- Adultery or Rape? What happened between David and Bathsheba? -- "Some of the opposing views of exegetes are caused by the imposition of today’s definition of rape upon the narrative of 2 Sam 11-12."
- Assumptions, Filters, and Eisegesis: A Study of David and Bathsheba -- "Social media currents today flow with a discussion over sexual assault, consent, and the story of David’s encounter with Bathsheba, as recorded in 2 Samuel 11."
- Botham Jean’s brother to Amber Guyger: “I forgive you” -- "The woman who killed Botham Jean was sentenced to ten years in prison earlier today. During his victim impact statement, Botham Jean’s brother Brandt stunned the courtroom."
- California becomes the first state to ban fur products -- "Gov. Gavin Newsom signed legislation Friday that will make it illegal to sell, donate or manufacture new fur products in the state."
- Cold water to splash in Despair’s face over Apostasy -- "Apostates have no secret knowledge. Christianity is an open book. The Bible’s teachings are perspicuous."
- Doug Dillard — cartoonist who gave Baptists ‘Brother Blotz’ — dead at 90 -- "Dillard said in a 1988 interview with Baptist Press,. “People accept satire in cartoons that they would be up in arms about if you said it in print.”"
- Focus on Texas: Giving Back -- "Some say they’re just being neighborly, and some prefer to remain anonymous, but Texans really love to lend a helping hand."
- My son died from positional asphyxia in a car seat. Here's what parents need to know -- "The day care provider did not know of the risks involved when leaving a sleeping baby in a car seat..."
- Pastor, Aim to Preach Simple Sermons -- "Simple sermons aim to exalt Christ more than anything else."
- Presidential candidate promises draconian crackdown on religious liberty -- "Beto says in no uncertain terms that Christian churches should in fact lose their tax-exempt status unless they endorse gay marriage. This draconian assault on the first amendment is now the mainstream view within the Democratic party."
- Scientism -- "While science used to be a discipline of observation and testing, it has now become something altogether different. It has become Scientism."
- The Protection of Preference -- "...believers need to embrace the differences and “inequality” as part of God’s created order and redemptive purpose."
- The Saddest Story I’ve Read in a Good While: Kids See through Adults’ Blindness to Natural Law -- "Our son reported that his classmates, without any collective decision, had simply gone back to the old system, regardless of the new signage: Boys were using the former boys’ rooms, girls the former girls’ rooms."
- Was it Rape? The David and Bathsheba Pericope Re-examined -- "In view of the academic debate on whether David raped Bathsheba, this article takes a new approach to 2 Sam 11-12. "
- 278 – Oct. 05 – This Day in Baptist History Past -- "He was also one of those appointed by the Danbury Baptist Association to write a congratulatory letter to Thomas Jefferson which was answered with the famous “Wall of Separation” quote which we still here about today."
Saturday, October 19, 2019
A Theory of Everything, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.