- Top 10 Most Highlighted Bible Verses -- "...but I was surprised to see 3 of the top 10 were from..."
- A Facebook content moderator died after suffering a heart attack while on the job, according to a new report detailing harsh working conditions -- "The report details the harsh working conditions at a Facebook contractor facility operated by Cognizant in Tampa Florida, in which employee breaks are closely monitored and the office is poorly kept."
- Alabama woman charged after losing unborn baby in shooting -- "This case predates the passage of the [new abortion] legislation and we must point out the new law played no role in the consideration of the Grand Jury."
- Be a Tortoise, not a Hare -- "Every church needs renewal. The church reformed is always reforming. So let us strive for renewal in a way that puts the spotlight on God’s Word..."
- Fixated on Fixing the Nation? -- "...should we do it with the ultimate aim of “fixing our nation”? From my read of the Bible, I don’t really think so."
- Norman Geisler, noted apologist and theologian, dead at 86 -- "Apologist, prolific author, and theology professor Norman Geisler has passed away at age 86, about two months after he retired from Southern Evangelical Seminary over undisclosed health issues."
- Salt and Light In the Nation’s Capital: A Pastor’s Perspective -- "And so breaking with decades of tradition at CHBC, we have removed the American flag, not only from the platform, but from the building."
- St. John’s Eve or Bonfire Night; Irish Folklore -- "Although most of these customs are no longer practised, lighting St. John’s bonfires still takes places in many parts of Ireland (especially the west)."
- The myth of Nixon’s ‘Southern Strategy’ -- "The South, as a whole, became Republican during the 1980s and 1990s. This had nothing to do with Nixon; it was because of Ronald Reagan and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich’s “Contract with America”."
- The Myth of Republican Racism -- "While chatting with Brian Lamb, Rangel dropped a few falsehoods as casually as cigar ash."
Thursday, July 04, 2019
Top 10 Most Highlighted Bible Verses, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.