- A Biblical Approach to Objectionable Elements -- "Those who discuss classroom censorship tend to adopt either of two diametrically opposed positions. Each position, by its deficiencies, fortifies the other."
- BEWARE: Don’t Walk Through Mushroom Fairy Rings -- "Early Appalachian settlers believed that fairy rings were dangerous places that should be avoided…"
- Carol Roth: Dear militant feminists, stop messing it up for the rest of us -- "...while you may not want a man to offer up his seat on the bus while you show your grit and determination to stand, I would welcome the gesture, after a long day in four-inch heels, even if I ultimately turned it down."
- Elementary Kids Get ‘Special Surprise’ Drag Performance at School Talent Show -- "What made you in your head think that was appropriate for elementary school students?"
- GoFundMe Creates Abortion Fundraiser for Planned Parenthood to Abort Babies -- "GoFundMe, the for-profit site where users create donation funds, made its own campaign to raise money for abortion clinics."
- Homelessness and the Failure of Urban Renewal -- "To gain a better understanding of why homelessness is a recurring problem with apparently growing numbers, it is helpful to examine the origins of what is now standard operating procedure for cities: centralized urban planning."
- Millennial fighting rare bone cancer responds to Biden vow: Law supported by Trump helped save my life -- "Harp said that although 2020 hopeful Biden certainly understands the devastation caused by cancer, after losing his son Beau to brain cancer in 2015, he shouldn’t use the disease as a ‘political tool’."
- My Daughter Says She’s a Boy--What Do I Do? -- "Her sense of self, her sexuality, is not WHO she is, it’s HOW she is. For right now...Gender Dysphoria is a thinking disorder, not a body disorder. If your daughter announced she were a cat, or a unicorn, how would you deal with that?"
- Old Time Practice: Drinking Coffee from Saucers -- "Today, the sight of a person drinking from their saucer may seem odd, but it’s most probable that anyone with a few gray hairs atop their head can remember a time when their granny would do just this!"
- Stop Praying “Be With” Prayers -- "Dear Lord, I pray you will be with Tom as he goes to work, and be with Mary also, who’s having her wisdom teeth removed on Tuesday, and be with..."
- ‘Stressed’ Facebook moderator dies of heart-attack after viewing hundreds of child abuse videos -- "Mr. Utley had spoken out about how the grotesque videos were affecting his mental health as he was struggling with the content he was seen."
- The Kind of Men Who Carry a Pocket Knife -- "My father was not the only man in my young life that I watched wield his trusty 3 bladed pocket knife as if it was a surgeon’s scalpel."
- ‘Transgender’ Sues Baker Jack Phillips for Not Making Pink, Blue Cake Celebrating ‘Coming Out’ on Birthday -- "The lawsuit angles the complaint as being a situation where Scardina simply requested a birthday cake, but was denied one because of who he is."
- Vicar ‘under Investigation’ for Quoting The Wee Flea! -- "Britain is an increasingly intolerant and authoritarian society...Note that he wrote his views in his own parish magazine – not in a newspaper, or a poster, but in his own publication. And yet the thought crime police were on to him in an instant."
- What a Clash Between Conservatives Reveals -- "Even if the secular left has no intention of playing fair in the culture wars, that doesn’t erase the Christian imperatives of civility and decency."
- What Makes a Good Sermon? Five Questions to Ask -- "Are you sure you know a good sermon from a bad one?"
Monday, July 01, 2019
A Biblical Approach, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.