- Ex-senator and Vietnam POW who blinked “torture” in Morse code dies -- "Prisoner of war Jeremiah Denton declared his loyalty to the U.S. government during a 1966 interview for what was supposed to be a propaganda film. But his enraged captors missed his more covert message..."
- Falwell: Southern Baptist Deep State involves Russell Moore -- "Liberty University president Jerry Falwell, Jr. said the Southern Baptist Convention has a new regime that is leading the SBC away from the Conservative Resurgence."
- First-ever private border wall built in New Mexico -- "Kris Kobach, a former secretary of state in Kansas and an informal immigration adviser to President Trump, says the New Mexico project has the president’s blessing and says local Border Patrol agents are eager to have the assistance."
- German police: Guardian angel pigeon protected speeder -- "Police say ‘thanks to the feathered guardian angel,’ the driver was spared a 105 euro ($117) fine but should take it as ‘a sign from above’ to slow down."
- I Hate ‘Hate Speech’ -- "After the Second World War, Soviet Russia was determined to have the concept of ‘hate speech’ enshrined in international legislation. They wanted there to be legal sanctions against ‘hatred and incitement to hatred’. In Maoist China, hate speech was a crime."
- Meaningful Membership in a Small, Rural Area -- "Every decision will affect someone’s son, granddaughter, cousin, or best friend."
- Nun decapitated; Christian persecution deemed close to “international definition of genocide” -- "While Muslims continue to victimize innocents globally, Westerners are being fooled into thinking that Muslims are the primary victims."
- Stop Excluding Trans-Men from Abortion Debate, It’s Their Right Too -- "In a college commencement speech on Saturday, trans actor Laverne Cox, a man who identifies as a woman, lamented that women who identify as men are not included in the abortion debate."
- Surprising No One, “Revoice” Conference Pastor Comes Out As Queer -- "Christianity Today gladly published Johnson’s “testimony,” which amounts to little more than the story of a lost man who has found peace with his lostness."
- The History of Appalachian English: Why We Talk Differently -- "Despite being some 1,200 miles apart, Appalachian-English is still alive and well in multiple Texas localities."
- The Priesthood of the Believer in Baptist Ecclesiology -- "...regenerate church membership, another hallmark of Baptist ecclesiology, remains closely linked with the priesthood of all believers."
- WashPost Op-Ed: Transgender ‘Equality Act’ Threatens Women’s Sports -- "The Democratic Party’s pro-transgender “Equality Act” would wreck women’s sports, says a Washington Post article by three liberal women, including former tennis champ Martina Navratilova."
- What Is the Call to Be a Pastor? -- "Perhaps we could describe it like this—the call to be a pastor includes factors both internal and external to the candidate."
- What’s The Real Story Behind Dan’s And Fran’s Hamburgers? -- "Dan died in 1998, and Fran is now 85. She worked up until a few years ago, when the lease on her last restaurant was up. Now, there are only Dan’s locations..."
- Why Hell Is Integral to the Gospel -- "I’m sure you were overjoyed to learn that 9Marks has devoted an entire Journal on the topic of hell. In fact, it’s a topic that, if anything, makes us want to avert our eyes and think about something else entirely."
- 1 In 4 Women Get Abortions. How Do Guilt And Denial Influence Our Debate? -- "...if the one-in-four number is correct, evidence and arguments alone will never suffice."
- 200 ex-LGBT men, women rally to show freedom they’ve found in following Jesus -- "“Look at this! This is Amazing! They say we don’t exist!” declared author and documentary producer M.J. Nixon, a March co-founder, as many gathered for a group picture. About 200 participated this year – a threefold increase over last year."
Monday, June 03, 2019
Ex-senator and Vietnam POW, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.