- Why We Let the Little Ones Come to the Service -- "We reject the myth of learning styles and stages. Some of the rationale for taking children from worship is a secularist education philosophy."
- University student, 21, becomes the first person in two CENTURIES to read a religious script after cracking the shorthand code used by Baptist leader -- "To be able to read something that no-one else has read in more than 200 years, it's not something I thought I would ever be able to do and it was an incredible moment."
- Understanding Cemetery Symbols -- "Have you ever stared at a cemetery symbol on a grave and wondered if it meant something or if it was merely decorative? Understanding cemetery symbolism can give you clues to understanding your ancestor’s lives."
- Texas Democrats Seek To Ban Christianity Using So-Called Anti-Discrimination Laws -- "A third bill, H.B. 517, would allow the government to punish counselors, marriage and family therapists, psychologists, or any other mental health providers licensed by the state who help people from a Christian perspective."
- Rhode Island Legislature Will Vote Tomorrow on Bill Legalizing Abortions Up to Birth -- "Pro-abortion Democrats control both state houses, and Gov. Gina Raimondo supports it. Lawmakers have indicated that the legislation is a priority, because they are afraid the new conservative U.S. Supreme Court could overturn Roe v. Wade in the near future."
- Proper Terminology -- "If it is not scripturally proper to call the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost “persons” (and it’s not), what terminology for the sake of clarity can be used?"
- My ‘Sex Change’ Was a Myth. Why Trying to Change One’s Sex Will Always Fail. -- "...this surgery cannot succeed in delivering what it promises. It will only mutilate the body, a far cry from the promised “sex change”."
- How to Transition God’s People from One Leader to the Next: Lessons from David and Solomon -- "Any church or Christian organization can feel somewhat lost when a pastor or leader steps down...we have an interesting example for transitioning leadership in the lives of David and Solomon."
- Border Patrol Wives Invite Nancy Pelosi to Visit -- "The wives of the Rio Grande Valley Border Patrol sent House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) a personal Facebook invitation to visit them in Texas to see firsthand why a border wall is necessary."
- Bible classes in public schools? Why Christian lawmakers are pushing a wave of new bills -- "The Bible is an integral part of our society and deserves a place in the classroom."
- A stamp in Spain recognises Bible translator Casiodoro de Reina -- "The design portrays Casiodoro and the ‘Bear Bible’, on a dark background, symbolising what was the obscurantism of the age. A ray of light appears, as well as hands taking the Bible, reflecting how the Bible was prohibited and taken from the Spaniards for centuries."
- 1930s limestone statue ‘Miss Lucy,’ Bible in hand, sells for $324,000 at Knoxville auction -- "‘Miss Lucy’ was fashioned after a woman who attended the United Primitive Baptist Church. Edmondson also attended the church; he carved the statue after the woman died around 1930."
Saturday, February 02, 2019
Why We Let the Little Ones, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.