- Dedication of the B. F. White Historical Marker -- "Dr. [William J.] Reynolds gave a very interesting and inspiring speech on the life and times of B. F. White."
- Grammys 2019: Trump supporter Joy Villa wears a ‘Build the Wall’ gown -- "The singer, who wore a “Choose Life” gown to last year’s show, with a rainbow painting of a fetus on it, walked the red carpet Sunday in a “Build the Wall” dress."
- Hymns & Psalms for Singing Index -- "For my own reference, and in case others are looking for ideas to populate their Circle Time, here is our list of hymns and Psalms we’ve learned so far, after beginning in 2008."
- Mary’s Tears -- "The biblical story is no stranger to songs...We sing to God and God sings to us."
- Music Library -- "Helping us grow in singing with skill & understanding"
- Noteworthy Music Services -- "Very high quality music typesetting, arranging, harmonizing and practice-recording services"
- Sacred Harp and the Sound of Eternal Essence -- "I was captivated, stirred on the inside, tears threatening to well up – and no words had been sung yet. It was that bracing harmony of pure notes filling the sunlit space."
- Some Thoughts about the hymnal Cantus Christi -- "If your church is a church that wishes they were more like a mall or a Starbucks or a country club than a church, this is not the hymnal for you."
- The Most Controversial Super Bowl National Anthem Performances of All Time -- "It took the Grammy Award-winning singer [Alicia Keys] two minutes and 36 seconds to sing the anthem, making her performance the longest in Super Bowl history."
- The Sacred Harp Echoes Through the Hills of Itawamba County -- "My great grandfather, Marion Albert Cockrell (pictured) was a Sacred Harp song leader in Itawamba County from the 1880’s until his death during 1944. "
- The small town of Arley, Alabama has a long and strong tradition with Sacred Harp Music -- "In 1908, a canning company called the Arley Canning Company operated in the town and was said to have put up one thousand cans per day."
- Tones of Tradition: Sacred Harp singing attracts faithful to Shoal Creek Baptist Church -- "It was dark inside the primitive church, nestled in a clearing reached by a one-lane gravel road through pine and oak trees, where roughly 80 people sat on wooden pews and sang."
- Why We Let the Little Ones Come to the Service -- "We reject the myth of learning styles and stages. Some of the rationale for taking children from worship is a secularist education philosophy."
Friday, February 15, 2019
Dedication of B. F. White, and other music links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.