- Can a Person Choose Their Own Race? The Inevitable Hypocrisy of Relativism -- "The very culture that taught her that truth is relative has now turned on her. What it gave to her with one hand, it has taken away with the other."
- Can the New Testament Canon be Defended? Derek Thomas Interviews Michael Kruger -- "The assumption of modern critical scholarship is that the canon is merely a human creation--it is something that early Christians put together to serve their own needs and purposes."
- CBF leaders side with pastor/judge in dispute over religion, bias -- "Those who serve in government are not disqualified from having religious beliefs and exercising their religious beliefs in ways that are protected by law."
- Did Paul Himself Create the Very First New Testament Canon? -- "It was not at all unusual in the Greco-Roman world to keep copies of (and even publish) one’s own letters."
- Evangelism without an Altar Call -- "They saw the altar call as synonymous with evangelism."
- Feasts in the Old Testament, Their Importance -- "All feasts include a Sabbath, a day of rest, reminding Christians of their rest in Christ" (I don't agree with some of this, but a helpful chart on the feasts, nonetheless)
- Is the CSB Really Gender-Neutral? -- "The goal of the Translation Oversight Committee of the CSB was to be gender accurate."
- LORD, Lord and lord in the King James Version -- "The King James Version generally uses the words LORD, Lord, and lord to distinguish among several Hebrew words."
- Resolution Condemning White Supremacy Causes Chaos at the Southern Baptist Convention -- "...McKissic went to the mic and moved for additional time to be allotted for the resolution to be heard."
- Southern Baptists Embrace Gender-Inclusive Language in the Bible -- "...Trevin Wax, Bible and Reference Publisher for Holman Bibles, defended the translation. He rejected the notion that the translation is “gender-neutral,” calling it “gender-accurate” instead."
- The Dangerous Texting Slang All Parents Should Know -- "...certain phrases and emojis carry hidden meanings that parents may not know."
- The Self-authenticating Model of NT Canon -- "...many people raise questions about whether or not we can know for sure what books belong."
- The Stripes of D-Day -- "The planners feared friendly fire - anti-aircraft fire from Allied naval vessels and Allied troops - against their own air flotilla, and pilots mistakenly engaging in dogfights against their own comrades in arms."
- The Translation of Gender Terminology in the NIV 2011 -- "The Vast Majority of Problematic Gender Renderings from the TNIV Are Retained in the NIV 2011."
- Why A "Paper" Bible is Better Than A Bible App At Church Meetings -- "...cross-referencing is quicker and usually more effective in a paper Bible."
“Ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein.” Caveat lector
Saturday, June 17, 2017
Can a Person Choose, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.
Posted by R. L. Vaughn at 10:00 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment