- Can a Person Choose Their Own Race? The Inevitable Hypocrisy of Relativism -- "The very culture that taught her that truth is relative has now turned on her. What it gave to her with one hand, it has taken away with the other."
- Can the New Testament Canon be Defended? Derek Thomas Interviews Michael Kruger -- "The assumption of modern critical scholarship is that the canon is merely a human creation--it is something that early Christians put together to serve their own needs and purposes."
- CBF leaders side with pastor/judge in dispute over religion, bias -- "Those who serve in government are not disqualified from having religious beliefs and exercising their religious beliefs in ways that are protected by law."
- Did Paul Himself Create the Very First New Testament Canon? -- "It was not at all unusual in the Greco-Roman world to keep copies of (and even publish) one’s own letters."
- Evangelism without an Altar Call -- "They saw the altar call as synonymous with evangelism."
- Feasts in the Old Testament, Their Importance -- "All feasts include a Sabbath, a day of rest, reminding Christians of their rest in Christ" (I don't agree with some of this, but a helpful chart on the feasts, nonetheless)
- Is the CSB Really Gender-Neutral? -- "The goal of the Translation Oversight Committee of the CSB was to be gender accurate."
- LORD, Lord and lord in the King James Version -- "The King James Version generally uses the words LORD, Lord, and lord to distinguish among several Hebrew words."
- Resolution Condemning White Supremacy Causes Chaos at the Southern Baptist Convention -- "...McKissic went to the mic and moved for additional time to be allotted for the resolution to be heard."
- Southern Baptists Embrace Gender-Inclusive Language in the Bible -- "...Trevin Wax, Bible and Reference Publisher for Holman Bibles, defended the translation. He rejected the notion that the translation is “gender-neutral,” calling it “gender-accurate” instead."
- The Dangerous Texting Slang All Parents Should Know -- "...certain phrases and emojis carry hidden meanings that parents may not know."
- The Self-authenticating Model of NT Canon -- "...many people raise questions about whether or not we can know for sure what books belong."
- The Stripes of D-Day -- "The planners feared friendly fire - anti-aircraft fire from Allied naval vessels and Allied troops - against their own air flotilla, and pilots mistakenly engaging in dogfights against their own comrades in arms."
- The Translation of Gender Terminology in the NIV 2011 -- "The Vast Majority of Problematic Gender Renderings from the TNIV Are Retained in the NIV 2011."
- Why A "Paper" Bible is Better Than A Bible App At Church Meetings -- "...cross-referencing is quicker and usually more effective in a paper Bible."
Saturday, June 17, 2017
Can a Person Choose, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.