- 5 Facts about Down syndrome -- "October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month, a time to both learn about the condition and celebrate those who have this disability."
- Brief History of the SBC Conservative Resurgence -- "The SBC was firmly controlled by moderates and some liberals."
- Calvinist Health Insurance Company Declares All Conditions Pre-Existing -- "A newly formed health insurance company owned by a group of devoted Calvinists announced that they will not cover any health condition..."
- How FBC Farmersville Does Pastor Job Descriptions -- "It bothers me when churches adopt job descriptions for jobs already described in the Bible when those job descriptions demonstrate less dependence upon those biblical materials than upon corporate leadership models."
- I don't think the words in Thessalonians 3:10 mean what you think they mean -- "What's important to under stand is working was secondary in this context..." (Not recommended as truth, but interesting)
- It’s a myth that we only use 10% of our brains – here’s why -- "...the “10% myth” may have since been perpetuated by one 10% figure that is true."
- Lefties now demanding statue of Sam Houston be removed from Houston Park -- "...a group that calls itself Texas Antifa has started a campaign to take down this and any other landmark that bears the name Sam Houston."
- Righting a Wrong -- "The story of Jephthah and his tragic vow is paralleled by other stories—including a New Testament story that subverts it."
- Survey shocker: music dead last, sermons first, as worship draws -- "Americans who attend church say the sermons – not the music – keep them coming back."
- The Dust and the Dunghill -- "In our society men judge a man’s “poverty” by how much money he has in the bank or whether he meets the government’s defined threshold."
- The Family: Together in God’s Presence -- "Parents have the responsibility to teach their children by their own example the meaning and value of worship."
- Why Are So Many Lesbians Getting Pregnant? -- "One’s sexual orientation is supposed to be locked in and unchangeable, like sex, race, or ethnicity. But high pregnancy rates among lesbians confound that narrative."
- Why Brain Scientists Are Still Obsessed With The Curious Case Of Phineas Gage -- "It took an explosion and 13 pounds of iron to usher in the modern era of neuroscience."
“Ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein.” Caveat lector
Saturday, June 10, 2017
5 facts, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.
Posted by R. L. Vaughn at 10:30 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment