Translate

Monday, August 12, 2013

John 8:1-11

The story of Jesus and the woman caught in adultery is as intriguing as it is unusual. Did we not know it, the conclusion would be surprising and unexpected.

John 8:1-11

1. All have sinned
    The woman caught in adultery was guilty.
    The man not brought was guilty.
    The men who brought her were guilty (from the least even unto the greatest).
       [Now she stood alone before the only one without sin.]
2. Jesus came to save, not condemn -- "neither do I condemn thee"
    Neither do I condemn thee does not mean she had not sinned
    Neither do I condemn thee means a Saviour had abated her sentence
3. Repentance -- "go and sin no more"
    Go and sin no more indicates repentance
    Go and sin no more defuses the "I was born that way; I can't help it" excuse

No comments: