Translate

Friday, August 09, 2013

An archbishop picks his heaven

Anglican Archbishop Desmond Tutu recently said, "I would refuse to go to a homophobic heaven. No, I would say sorry, I mean I would much rather go to the other place...I would not worship a God who is homophobic and that is how deeply I feel about this." -- Archbishop Tutu 'would not worship a homophobic God'

I read this a few days ago and immediately thought:

1. God is not homophobic. God does not have an irrational fear of homosexuals, neither is He prejudiced nor does He discriminate. Whether this is a sin or not is an entirely different question

2. God is God. God is the creator and we are the created. We do not get to decide who God is and then worship the God on whom we decided, nor do we decide "which heaven" we will go to. God is either the I AM or He isn't at all.

No comments: