Translate

Saturday, December 03, 2022

People get in trouble, and other quotes

The posting of quotes by human authors does not constitute agreement with either the quotes or their sources. (I try to confirm the sources that I give, but may miss on occasion; please verify if possible.)

“People get in trouble when they try to speak deeper thoughts than they have.” -- R. B. Ouellette

“Christianity without distinct doctrine is a powerless thing.” -- J. C. Ryle

“Christ’s resurrection is the lock and key of all Christian religion and faith: on which all other articles hang.” -- John Boys (1571-1625)

“The hard work of preaching requires heart work.” -- David Mathis

“Paul saw Christian preaching and teaching as hard work, not a nice fit for guys with soft hands.” -- David Mathis

“Too many Christians love America the way Israel loved Egypt.” -- Heard

“When I think I’m unfairly hated, I try to remember that I’m unfairly loved.” -- attributed to R. C. Sproul

“You don’t marry someone in order to give them what they deserve. In marriage, you give them what you’ve promised.” -- Matt Walsh

“I think I may have eye trouble — I see a lot of people with two faces.” -- Seen

“It’s hard to find humor in anything when you’re too busy finding things by which to be offended.” -- Bryan Chai

“A good beginning makes a good end.” -- Louis L’Amour

No comments: