- Alistair Begg: ‘Welcome to Exile. It’s Going to Be OK.’ -- “For us in the English-speaking West, this world has tended to feel very much like home, and our treasures have been right before our eyes.”
- A Majority Of Americans Think Jesus Is A Great Teacher Yet Reject His Claims To Be God -- “Statistics like these from the State of Theology survey can give us quite a shock, but they also shed light on the concerns that many American Christians and churches have expressed for decades.”
- Critical Race Theory: It’s a Cancer Not a Cure -- “As a person with brown skin, I reject my assigned “status” and refuse to see everything through that distorted prism...I choose to see through the breakthrough filter of Scripture that opens our eyes...”
- Focus on Texas: Historic Texas -- “From the somber to the spectacular, we Texans have a lot of history under our boots.”
- How Church Membership Gives Us Freedom -- “Isn’t it ironic that a high commitment like church membership can bring about a sense of freedom?”
- Joe Biden Has a Weird Understanding of Patriotism -- “Now, Biden, who says the United States is merely an ‘idea,’ will demand more patriotic compliance by pumping another $80 billion into the IRS for enforcement. Just as the Founders imagined.”
- Man with Hunting Rifle Foils Attempted Mass Shooting at Apartment -- “Eighty-seven-year-old apartment resident Lois Hicks came out to try to calm Arnold down then fled back into her apartment after seeing the rifle he was allegedly holding”
- New York Times, Washington Post, NBC News All Forced To Retract False Claims About Trump Lawyer Rudy Giuliani -- The biggest papers of record in the U.S. — The New York Times and The Washington Post — have been forced to retract a report about the FBI’s communication with former President Trump’s longtime lawyer Rudy Giuliani.”
- Only 1 in 3 Young Born-Again Evangelicals Believe Jesus Is Only Way to Heaven, Apologist Says -- “The senior vice president of Probe Ministries said that the survey data showed that only 9 percent of Americans hold a Biblical view, and among emerging adults, that number is even smaller.”
- Opinion: As a CEO, I worry about the erosion of office culture with more remote work -- “As the economy rebounds, we need to hire and attract talent. To do so, we will need leaders on site.”
- Potluck Dishes -- “It’s all about sharing, including family favorites such as baked beans from author Toni Tipton-Martin’s award-winning cookbook”
- Racism in the Church of England – What’s the Answer? -- “There may be historic issues of hatred both within and outside the Church that need to be addressed, but surely there is a better way than critical race theory.”
- Sacerdotalism in Contemporary Worship -- In much contemporary worship today, congregational participation is minimized by the emphasis on performed music on a stage. Like clergy in medieval worship, musicians in contemporary worship have taken on a “priestly” role in the service.
- She Maketh Herself Coverings -- Never try to "Christianize" the world's dress and make it your own.
- The Hero of Cinco de Mayo -- “I have long known that 19th-century Mexican general Ignacio Zaragoza Seguín was a Texan, but I didn’t know how deep his Texas roots went until I did some digging.”
- Three Practical Ways to Teach Your Children to Read the KJV -- “...if a child is raised reading a translation, they will know the vocabulary of that translation by the time they reach adulthood and even earlier.”
- Vince Krivda: Which Textus Receptus?! A Response to Mark Ward's Critique of Confessional Bibliology -- “Although Ward’s paper is to be welcomed for thoughtfully engaging CB, his insistence to forge the position as a kind of KJV-Onlyism is overreaching.”
Saturday, May 22, 2021
Three Practical Ways to Teach, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.