- A Biblical Approach to Worship Music -- “God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.”
- Bluegrass Bridge -- “Richard...had opened the shop in 1999 as a place for veterans to gather and build community.”
- R.E.M., Rolling Stones, Elton John and Dozens of Artists Send Letter Demanding End to Unauthorized Political Use of Music -- “This is not a new problem. Or a partisan one. Every election cycle brings stories of artists and songwriters frustrated to find their work being used...”
- ‘Sacred Harp’ Singing Treats Every Human Voice as Holy -- “In the rural American South, these non-denominational sing-alongs are part of a long musical tradition.”
- Scripture-Formed Music -- “If works of art express particular ways of imagining God, then it is quite possible to express through art an imagination of God that does not correspond to how he chose to communicate himself in Scripture, even if the propositional content of the work of art is technically accurate.”
- The 25 Most Popular Christian Hymns -- “This purpose of this post is to encourage you by sharing classic and modern Christian hymns and their gospel-centered lyrics.”
- The Top 15 Traditional Christian Hymns -- “Music, specifically Christian hymns, it seems to me, has the unique capacity to reach us at an emotional level that few things do.”
- To Make Orchestras More Diverse, End Blind Auditions -- Orchestras used blind auditions to end discrimination; now some want them to end blind auditions to achieve diversity.
- 25 Hymns to Sing in Troubled Times -- “Here are 25 songs to sing in trying times. Though there’s a ton of relevant Christian music out there, I’ve limited myself to hymns suited for congregational singing...”
Wednesday, July 29, 2020
A Biblical Approach, and other music links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.