- What Is an Apostle? Requirements from Acts 1:21–26, Part 1 -- “The candidate was required to be someone who followed Jesus during his entire earthly ministry, beginning from Jesus’ baptism by John to Jesus’ ascension into heaven.”
- What Is an Apostle? Requirements from Acts 1:21–26, Part 2 -- “Pulling all of the above together, Acts 1:21–26 denies the possibility of apostles today and their correlative ministry of apostleship.”
- The Apostleship of the Apostle Paul: One Untimely Born -- “The answer is no because Paul describes himself in terms that imply he was an exception to the rule.”
- Was Barnabas an Apostle? -- “In this broad usage, then, an apostle was a first-century evangelist who bore witness to the resurrection of Christ, an itinerant missionary sent by Him to make disciples of all nations.”
- Apostles: A Wrap-up -- “Having hardly scratched the surface for this topic, hopefully I’ve laid out the broader principles that establish the multiple senses of the term apostolos as it is used in the NT.”
Saturday, December 14, 2019
What Is an Apostle?
Interesting series on the apostleship, some of you might like to read.