- All in Peace at Rocky Grove "...in a wonderful way, the Rocky Grove church lives on. On the fourth Sunday in October, folks with ties to Rocky Grove return for an all-day service in memory of the church."
- Joel Osteen or Fortune Cookie? -- "...here is very little difference between Joel and those fortune cookies (except that the cookies are delicious, of course)."
- My Journey Away from Contemporary Worship Music -- "Hymns have begun to take precedent in my song selection for two reasons."
- Secularization Falsified -- "Modernity is not intrinsically secularizing, though it has been so in particular cases."
- The Futility of Representing Religion With a Bar Chart -- "It’s hard to understand faith without polling and data. But a lot can be lost in relying too much on statistics."
- The Gift of Singleness -- "...for those called to it, singleness should be received as a gift from God."
- Thoughts on Note-Taking During Sermons -- "Hearing a sermon is not like hearing a lecture."
- You Are Not Enslaved to Your Past -- "This is wonderfully freeing."
- 4 Reasons Pastor-Theologians Should Read Fiction -- "Reading takes us only so far, of course."
Tuesday, November 17, 2015
All in Peace, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.