Translate

Saturday, November 04, 2006

What if you knew?

One night after a meeting, some preachers were discussing when the Lord is coming, what are the signs, etc. Eld. Conrad Murrell asked the group “Suppose I could tell you exactly when the Lord is coming. What would you do?” They said one thing and another, nothing too exact. Eld. Murrell further stated, “Say we know he’s coming at two o’clock in the morning?” One said, “I don’t know what I’d do.” Another replied, “I wouldn’t be doing what I’m doing now.” Someone asked Murrell what he’d be doing. He looked at his watch and said, “It’s getting kind of late. I think I’d go to bed.” Some were left aghast, but the point was if there is something you’d be doing if you knew when the Lord was coming back, you ought to be doing it anyway (cause we know He IS coming back). Or as he said, “I don’t know of a thing I’d do different than what I’m doing now. And if you do, you ought to be doing it.”

I heard the above on a cassette tape recorded sermon of Conrad Murrell entitled, I believe, "Eschatology, #1". It is written from memory, so it is not word for word as on the tape.

No comments: