Jonah 2:9 Salvation is of the Lord.
The universal truth of Jonah's observation illustrated in the deliverance of the Ninevites:
1. The Lord originated the purpose (neither Jonah nor the Ninevites were involved in planning for their deliverance).
2. The Lord initiated the design (neither Jonah nor the Ninevites were interested in their fate).
3. The Lord controlled the circumstances (despite Jonah's attempt to circumvent God's command).
4. The Lord gave Jonah the message (and Jonah's planned disobedience did not change it).
5. The Lord produced the results (Jonah preached impending destruction, but not how to avoid it).
Post a Comment