- Ice Music: Building Instruments Out Of Water -- "Terje Isungset is a Norwegian musician who makes his own instruments — out of ice."
- Lee Family Sacred Harp Workshop, March 2, 1996 -- "Tape 1, South Georgia Folklife Project: Sacred Harp Collection. Valdosta State University Archives and Special Collections."
- Lee Family Sacred Harp Workshop -- "Tape 2, South Georgia Folklife Project: Sacred Harp Collection. Valdosta State University Archives and Special Collections."
- Musical Frontier -- "Texas Heritage Songwriters’ Association spotlights state’s lyrical poets."
- Shape-Note Singing in Mississippi: a Preliminary History -- "When Mississippi became a state in 1817, white settlement was confined to the Gulf Coast and the lower Mississippi Valley. There is little information on singing in this early period..."
- Singers.com, Primarily A Cappella -- "Primarily A Cappella is an independent music company specializing in vocal music with an emphasis on vocal harmony, that carries a wide selection of material of interest to singers including arrangements, instructional material, CD recordings and DVDs."
- Tuned Up in the Spirit: the Old Regular Baptists and the Joyful Sound -- "There are more than ten thousand members of Old Regular Baptist churches today, and perhaps ten thousand more who haven’t yet joined as members but regularly attend..."
- Want Your Church to Sing? Then Train Them As Children! -- "...one thing is almost universally missing from what are otherwise excellent lists of suggestions and remedies: the role of the church in actually teaching people how to sing, in actually teaching some of the mechanics and skills of singing."
- What I’ve Learned from My Sacred Harp Elders -- "...when I sing the songs that have been sung by so many generations before me, I feel a sense of place, of belonging, on the timeline of Sacred Harp history."
- Why the Decline of Congregational Singing Matters -- "When you turn the lights off and you have theatrical lighting on stage, you’re suggesting to the congregation they are here to watch something rather than participate."
- 6 Lessons from Luther on Congregational Singing -- "In The Whole Church Sings: Congregational Singing in Luther’s Wittenberg, Robin Leaver documents how Luther spearheaded this reformation of song."
Friday, January 12, 2018
Ice Music, and other music links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.